River

TW: Swearing

Shit.

Shit. Shit. Shit. Shit. Shit. Shit. Shit. Shit. Shit. Shit. Shit. Shit. Shit. Shit. Shit. Shit. Shit. Shit. Shit. Shit. Shit. Shit. Shit. Shit. Shit. Shit. Shit. Shit. Shit. Shit. Shit. Shit. Shit. Shit. Shit. Shit. Shit. Shit. Shit. Shit. Shit. Shit. Shit. Shit. Shit. Shit. Shit. Shit. Shit. Shit. Shit. Shit. Shit. Shit.

Why am I surprised? Why the fuck am I surprised?

I'm screwed. I'm actually screwed.

I get up to my feet. Lilly and her asshole friends are long gone. Maybe Lilly fits into that "asshole" category now too. After this? She must.

Baiting me to help the friends that she hates? That's fucked up. Now everyone's gonna know. Everyone will know the truth.

I walk inside and shut the door behind me. I was going to invite her over. We were supposed to hang out. She was supposed to be my girlfriend. I was supposed to be able to trust her.

But to be fair, I expected her to trust me too, yet I gave her no reason too.

I did show her my face already, but I suppose it was under very different circumstances. And she kissed me moments later.

I lean against the door and pull out my phone. I need to call my mom. She'll know what to do. She always does.

Before I get the chance, however, I hear sirens. Sounds like just one car. It's probably just Officer Lewis, or Raine. I think we're on first name basis considering how many times she's interviewed and interrogated me.

The cop car is in the driveway now. I open the door and step onto the porch as—I guessed correct—Raine steps out of her car.

"Hey." She turns off the sirens and waves up to me.

"Hi. Yes, it's just me. No, my mom isn't home. Yes, it's just a false alarm. No, I have gotten no sign or word from Jackson." Those are the basic questions she usually asks, might as well answer them straightaway.

She sighs, it's more like a laugh though. "That's what I figured. Still gotta search the property though. Police protocol."

I nod, and let her inside. I stand in the doorframe. "I'm sorry. This is a waste of your time."

"It's alright."

"I can't help but feel guilty..."

"I know." She gives me a weak smile, and enters the kitchen. She knows our house so well. So many investigations here, yet they always come up with nothing.

"Thank you though. For all you've done so far. You've been way nicer than the other officers."

She laughs a bit. "Thanks, kid. And it's just what I do."

She heads upstairs now. I sigh and sit on the couch. I need to do something. And quickly, before things get worse.