Chapter 14

Ari's POV:

Sudden bright lights. All over me. I can't see anything. I can't breathe properly. Machines all around me? What the hell-

I'm admitted in the hospital?!

"She's up! She's regained conciousness!" came a shout from somewhere nearby.

I groaned. My body hurt. It hurt a lot. What had happened?

"Unnie! Unnie! Are you okay?" asked a familiar voice from beside me. 

I blink open my eyes, and everything is in a blur. I can only see the outlines of two people looking down at me. I blink a few more times, and my vision seems to be back. 

"Unnie!! You're awake! Goodness, I'm so glad!" said one of the girls and realization hits me-

It's Jinah. 

"J-Jinah, what's going on?" I asked, in a really weak voice that didn't seem to be mine.

"No, no, no, it's okay unnie, lie down, everything's all right" said Jinah.

"Yes, please lie down, you're not in a good state right now" said the other girl voice.

I've heard that voice before, but I can't seem to place where.

Everything goes dark.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jinwoo's POV -

I'm here, I've made it to the castle once again. And this time, nothing can stop me. 

I have a quest. To acquire 10,000 demon souls. 

I've already collected quite a few souls, but time is not on my side. 

I have to complete this as quick as possible. I have to get home in time. I have to be able to finish it and meet Jinah. I have to be able to finish it and meet Ari. 

If I rush it.....

.

.

.

.

.

Maybe I could attend one of Ari's shows in Japan too....

No. That's a bit far fetched. 

But there's nothing wrong in trying it for her....

If it would made her happy.....

It's worth it. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ari's POV -

I open my eyes, and this time, there are no lights falling on me. Everything seems to be calm. Soothing music seems to playing from beside me. Mellow lights have been turned on. Wait, where the hell am I-

I wake up and gasp loudly. Every inch of my body seems to be in pain. What's going on?

"Unnie! You're up again! Please lie down, I'll get you a glass of water" said a Jinah's voice from beside me.

Jinah walked towards the table opposite my hospital bed and grabbed a glass of water for me. When she turned around to give it to me-

She wasn't the person I knew before. 

She wasn't my Jinah.

Her hair was a mess. Her eyes were red. Her eyelids seemed to droop. She looked so, so tired. Wait, not tired. She was exhausted. She looked weary. She seemed so...done.