Part 18

The soft glow of Thomas's bedside lamp painted gentle shadows across the room as he lay on his side, facing Kong. He hesitated for a moment, then spoke up in a playful tone, , why don't you stay over tonight? I promise I won't do anything. Just wanna cuddle."

Kong's cheeks flushed pink, his eyes widening slightly in surprise. He shifted nervously, meeting Thomas's gaze with a mix of shyness and curiosity. "Um, what do you mean?" he asked, his voice barely above a whisper.

Thomas grinned mischievously, leaning a little closer. "Or do you want me to do something?" he teased, his voice dropping to a whisper, knowing full well it would make Kong even more flustered.

Kong's face turned even redder, his gaze darting away momentarily. "N-no," he stammered, his heart racing. "I... I think I should go back to my dorm."

Thomas's expression softened immediately, realizing he had pushed a bit too far. He reached out, gently touching Kong's arm. "Hey, Kong, I was just kidding," he reassured him, his voice warm and sincere. "I really just want to cuddle and hug you to sleep, 😔

Kong met Thomas's gaze again, a mixture of relief and gratitude flickering in his eyes. "Okay," he murmured softly, a small smile playing on his lips. "I'd like that."

The room settled into a comfortable silence as Thomas and Kong lay beside each other, their breaths slowing into the steady rhythm of sleep. The night air was calm, wrapping them in a cocoon of peace and tranquility.

Hours passed before the tranquility was shattered by Kong's sudden whimper. Thomas stirred awake immediately, his instincts on high alert. He saw Kong thrashing slightly, caught in the grip of a nightmare.

"Kong," Thomas whispered urgently, gently shaking his shoulder. "Wake up, it's just a dream. You're safe here."

Kong's eyes flew open, wide with fear, his body trembling. He looked around wildly before focusing on Thomas, his breathing fast and shallow. Without a word, Thomas pulled him into a tight embrace, holding him close as Kong clung to him, seeking solace.

"It's okay, Kong," Thomas murmured soothingly, rubbing his back in slow circles. "I've got you. You're safe now."

After a few moments, Kong's breathing began to steady, his grip on Thomas relaxing. He pulled back slightly, meeting Thomas's gaze with a mixture of gratitude and vulnerability.

What happened? Thomaa asked softly

"It was about my dad," Kong began quietly, his voice still shaky. "He used to... hurt me. When I was a kid."

Thomas's heart sank at Kong's words, his empathy for him growing stronger. He listened quietly as Kong recounted bits and pieces of his painful past, the strictness, the punishments, and the heartbreak of his father's rejection.

"He's not in my life anymore," Kong concluded softly, his voice tinged with sadness.

Thomas tightened his hold on Kong, pulling him close again. "I'm so sorry, Kong," he whispered, pressing a gentle kiss to Kong's forehead. "You didn't deserve any of that."

Kong leaned into Thomas's embrace, feeling the warmth of his comfort enveloping him. For the first time in a long while, he allowed himself to fully accept the solace and understanding that Thomas offered.

"Thank you," Kong murmured, his voice barely audible against Thomas's chest.

"You don't have to thank me," Thomas replied softly, his hand gently stroking Kong's hair. "I'm just glad I could be here for you."

They stayed like that for a while longer, finding solace in each other's presence, until Thomas gently suggested, "Would you like to talk more about it? If it helps."

Kong hesitated for a moment, then nodded slightly. "Yeah, maybe... it might help."

And so, in the quiet hours of the night, under the soft glow of the lamp, Kong shared more of his story with Thomas. Each word was a step toward healing, a release of the pain that had haunted him for so long. And through it all, Thomas remained by his side, offering unwavering support and a love that was steady and true.

Hi. I will add 2 more chapters 🙂❤️