Chapter Sixteen

"Nat! Natalie!" I heard Steves voice call. I slowly opened my eyes and looked up to see him standing, well kneeling over me. My vision blurred for a moment then it cleared up a little.

"Steve? Wh-What are you d-doing here...?" I asked slowly as I gasped for more air.

"I came back for you." He said, breathing hard. I tried to sit up but instead he just pulled me in his arms.

"You...shouldn't have. They...They might...g-get y-you..." I said weakly. I suddenly started couching and I covered my mouth with my hand. When I pulled my hand away, it came back red. I dropped my hand back down. Steve looked at me, with worry in his eyes as he watched.

"I couldn't just leave you behind...Look at you! You've been shot in the leg and...Stabbed in your side. I'll get you medical help. Hold on." He cut off and looked around. There must have been more people nearby as he called out for help. I coughed again before speaking.

"Steve. Please. I've...lost too much blood..It's...too late. You can't help me now." I said grabbing onto his hand with both of mine.

"But...Natalie..." he stops, unable to continue. He drops his head down and a tear falls from his eye.

"Don't. Please. Don't cry. It's okay. Everything will be okay. But...it's my time. It just is-" I get cut off abruptly by a sudden cough. I can see pain in his eyes as I continue.

"You've done enough for me. And I appreciate...Having you around...And I just...I just wanted...I want you to know..." I was unable to continue as I started gasping for air. And the coughing worsened. My vision grew blacker as Steve started yelling my name.

I looked up and I saw a bright light. Then, my vision went black. I was awoken suddenly by a loud gunshot...

I shot up in my bed, breathing hard, some sweat dripping down my face. That wasn't the worse dream I've had. But at the moment it's the weirdest dream. It was unusual. What exactly was going on? Was I dying? And why was Steve there? I ran a hand through my hair and stood up off the bed and grabbed the water bottle off the bedside table. I drank some before setting it down.

I started to lay back down but I heard another gun shot and some loud crashing outside. I thought that was just a part of my dream...

I shook my head and stood up. If there's one thing scary movies taught me, it was to never go check out the strange noises. Too bad I never listen.

I walked over to the door and opened it slowly. Right out front of my door I saw a dead agent. I waited a moment before walking out of the room. I closed the door behind me and immediately after I did, something, or someone, sped past me. I flipped into the air and landed hard on the ground. I groaned and stood up. Before I could even steady myself, it sped past me again and I was knocked on the ground again. This time I just sat there, curious as to who it was.

The person came back and around and I stuck my leg out just in time. They tripped and fell on the floor. I crawled over and sat on top of them, straddling their hips. I looked down and saw a guy, with curly grayish white hair.

He peered up at me with blue eyes.

"Who are you!?" I asked him and he slightly smirked.

"My name is Pietro Maximoff." He said with a thick accent. I hated to admit it, especially at a moment like this, but his accent was such a turn on. I shook my head and mentally slapped myself.

"Were you sent here by Hydra?" I asked raising an eyebrow.

He just looked at me then glanced behind me. Before I could turn and see who it was, I was hit upside the head, hard. I cried out in pain as Pietro threw me off him. I groaned and rolled onto my back as my vision went darker.

"She didn't see that coming, now did she?" The other person said.

I blacked out before I could hear Pietros reply.
************************************

I thought I owed you guys another update. Because I hadn't really been updating lately soooo...Yeah. And I hope you all liked my newly brought in character...So anyways...Until next time✌