16

DANIELLE POV

The party is in two hours. The five of us decided to meet at my house to get ready. It's nothing special we're having a pajama party but the makeup and hair still need to look nice. Hanni and Haerin came here an hour ago right before Hyein. 

But Minji is nowhere to be seen. 

Which is weird since she's the one who lives the closest to me. She was last active yesterday so that means she hasn't checked her phone. We all tried calling her but she didn't answer. 

After 30 minutes she still didn't call back and we were starting to get worried. If she wasn't coming she would've told us by now. But still nothing. Haerin suggested visiting her house since it was within walking distance from mine.

The problem was I didn't know her address. Kinda suspicious how when we got to her neighborhood Hanni knew where to go and didn't hesitate at all. I knew she hung out with Minji after school but I didn't know she came here so often because she already knew her way around.

We all followed her confused but when we saw her stop. The house which I assumed was Minji's was dark. No lights were on, the car was gone and it was quiet.

"Hanni, are you sure this is her house?" Haerin asked her

"Yes, I'm sure I've been here before" she replied rolling her eyes

Hyein knocked on the door but there was no response. Weird. We stood there for a while not knowing what to do until some woman walked out of her house and walked towards us.

"Can I help you girls?" she politely asked

"Do you know where the Kim family is?" Hanni asked the lady

"Oh you're Minji's friend right? I always see you visit them." She said and Hanni nodded blushing. 

"Right now, they're probably already on the plane"

"PLANE???" I asked shocked

"EHHH???"- Haerin

"Yes, I guess they didn't tell you." she said looking at our shocked faces. 

"Last night there was an emergency so they're on their way to Canada right now. Her father came here yesterday to ask me to collect their mail." The woman said and left us to grab the mail.

We all stood speechless at Minji's door until Hyein spoke up. 

"Let's go unnies we still need to get ready" 

"What do you think happened?" I asked

"Something big if she wasn't able to tell us about it." Haerin responded

The party was super fun. We played games, opened gifts, did karaoke, ate so much food, and told stories. Being with the girls is always fun. 

But it wasn't the same without our guitarist. I could tell Hanni missed Minji. Those two are always together so Minji not telling Hanni she was going to Canada must've hurt her a lot. There's nothing we can do about it though.