20. Bruises

Vivaan and Alessa were walking through the corridors of the school with Vivaan still thinking about yesterday. Vivaan was excited to meet Leo today as he promised to come to school.

"What was the emergency viv? Why did you leave in a hurry?" Alessa asked remembering yesterday's incident.

Vivaan looked at her with wide eyes. He felt as if he was caught red-handed and his forehead sweat with nervousness. He wiped his sweaty hands over his pants while thinking about every possible excuse to tame her.

"Mom called." He said with dry throat.

"I know aunty called. But why?" Alessa asked confused.

Vivaan took a deep breath when he suddenly remembered the fight his parents had yesterday and decided to take it to his advantage.

"Mom and Dad had some arguments. Dad was adamant about not talking to Mom and she called me to surprise Dad with his favorite food, as she needed my help." He said thanking God for making his parents fight yesterday and for his mother needing his help.

In these past days, Alessa developed a very close relationship with Vivaan's parents. Her talking to them at the odd hour of the day was not a big deal for him and knowing that his lies could be caught easily he came up with the lie which was twisted to even prove as truth.

"Oh, MY GOD!!!!!" Alessa said loudly while Vivaan came out of his daze.

They both looked in the front only to see Vivaan's book torn as some explicit pictures of two men indulging in something sexual were stuck to their desk which angered both of them. Kole was still busy tearing his books apart when Alessa got angry and snatched the books.

No one was there in class as the class was canceled today and they only came back to gather their belongings.

"How dare you?" Alessa said with her face red in anger.

"Oh look who came to save the loser." Kole laughed but instead got silence from her.

When no one entertained them, Kole just sighed and left them there.

Vivaan had tears about to spill seeing all that but he controlled not wanting to cause any scene.

He quietly pulled the picture and tore it as he tossed everything in the dustbin there.

"We should complain about them," Alessa said angrily.

Vivaan gulped the anger, disgust, and shame he was feeling "Leave it Alessa."

But Alessa was not going to back down today.

"No, you need to. It's getting out of hand now."

Vivaan felt frustrated with her continuous nagging "I can't Alessa. My parents are immigrants and Kole's parents have such high connections. I don't want to cause any trouble to my parents." He said as he closed his eyes thinking how they took care of him all these years even though he was not even there.......... His thoughts were disturbed when he heard her.

"Your parents are immigrants, not mine," Alessa said walking furiously towards the principal room.

"Lisa." Vivaan tried to stop him and hold her hand.

Alessa tried to look at him "Either I am telling the principal or my family. Cause I can't let you go through all this on my watch." She announced.

Viv's eyes widened hearing her. Her family knowing about this means Leo knows about all this and if he gets to know then it wouldn't be just school bullying but much more than that and he left her hand.

Alessa gathered all the courage in her body and straight up complained to the principal about the continuous bullying of Vivaan. The stronger background of Alessa forced the principal to take action against those bullies who were enjoying the perks of their parents' names. Later they left, Principal called Kole and warned him about the bullying and what actions could be taken against them. But the words didn't affect Kole instead they triggered him and he decided to take his revenge on the boy who was responsible for all this.