Chapter Sixteen: Smackdown in the Underground

Smackdown in the Underground

Maya had a pretty good feeling she know knew what being hit by a Mack truck felt like as half a ton of wolf barreled into her and took her down. Two humongous paws on her chest kept her flat to the ground, the wolf's weight practically crushing her ribcage while nothing but sharp teeth swam across her vision. A second wolf ambled up to her head, its mouth pulled back in a feral snarl, ready to rip her throat out if by some miracle she managed to get away from the one holding her down.

"Don't move, Maya." Daniel's voice spoke from somewhere she couldn't see. Just hearing his voice helped calm some of the worst of her choking fear, allowing her to take in a shallow breath.

The wolves raised their heads in Daniel's direction, their growls coming low and deep, the one on Maya's chest sending vibrations through her with the force of its rumbling. Maya kept as still as a statue, which wasn't a problem considering she couldn't properly inhale and her lungs were probably collapsing. She felt more than saw Daniel move across the other end of the room, the wolves following his every moment with their eyes.

Slowly, Daniel came into her line of sight. Maya bit her tongue hard. She desperately wanted to ask about a thousand questions as she screamed for help but she wasn’t so stupid as to set off an attack.  

"I wouldn't get too close, lover. My slaves might rip your precious Maya apart before you ever took a step to save her."

Maya would recognize that voice from hell anywhere, by the look on Daniel's face he would too. She had never seen such a look of pure hate and unbridled rage as clearly as she did right now.

"Get them off her." Daniel's voice was flat but still managed to come out like unyielding stone.

Isadora glided up to him and ran a hand across his bare shoulder. Maya growled herself, unable to control her anger at the contact. The wolf on her chest glanced down, and for a moment she thought she saw a gleam of appreciation in its red eyes before it dug its claws further into her chest before returning its attention back to Daniel. She was unable to keep a small cry of pain from escaping her as the wolf drew blood.

Daniel visibly tensed as Isadora smiled, her face becoming even more beautiful. Her golden eyes gleamed in the dark room. "I think you're little human is jealous of my touch, querido. If she only knew all the ways I used to touch you...all the ways you knew how to touch me." She whispered the last bit close to his face, brushing her lips over his cheek, her hand running down his chest. "Though, I must thank little Maya for her careful attention. I almost forgot how perfect your body feels. How it responds to my caress."

Daniel looked down at the woman who'd been his every fantasy, the woman he'd followed like a love-struck puppy before she'd turned on him. She was still every bit as magnificent as the day he'd first seen her. But it was all an illusion, a mask of the beauty real women possessed - real women like Maya. Isadora was nothing but an empty shell, a discarded husk which housed a vile, putrid evil.

"Can you feel me, lover?" she asked now, leaning to press her body flush against his. Daniel felt the witch's nipples grow hard as they brushed against his bare chest. "Do you feel how badly I need you?"

"I do," he answered.

Though his voice hadn't changed from the toneless intonation, Maya felt the words cut though her like a razorblade. She could see Isadora rub against him like a cat in heat and it made her blood boil. She wanted to gouge the wtich's eyes out with a dull spoon and feed it to her freaking animals.