XXVI

CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX

Cielo's POV

I have been restless since they started talking, and I couldn't focus on cooking dinner, so I handed it over to Anna to avoid burning it. Nandito ako sa sala, kasama si Kali at Lola na nanunuod ng tv pero wala naman doon ang atensyon ko.

I let them stay upstairs in my room, and since we aren't wealthy enough to have it soundproofed, we can hear them, but I don't like what I'm hearing. My brow furrowed when I heard Domi's loud voice from upstairs.

Is he shouting at her? Nah, not in my territory.

I stood up and was about to walk towards the stairs when Lola spoke, "Huwag kang makialam sa kanila, Cielo," she warned me gently, causing me to stop and look at her.

"Hindi naman po ako makikialam dahil naiintindihan ko naman ang kausap niya. What I don't like is him shouting at Yvy. I think I have the right to stop that, kahit pa kaibigan o ka-close niya ang kausap niya," I explained, and Lola looked at me intently.

She sighed after a moment. "Hala, siya. Alam ko namang alam mo kung anong gagawin mo." She looked away after I smiled and nodded at her.

I started walking up the stairs again, and as I reached the top and approached my room, my expression turned serious. I stopped right in front of my bedroom door and clenched my jaw upon hearing Dominique's voice.

"You're really stubborn, Ari. You can't just abandon your responsibilities like that. Don't you feel any pity for your secretary? She's scrambling to cover for you in front of the board and has no time for herself because you dumped your work on her. And that is one of the reasons why you and Uncle Kairo don't get along. You're being selfish most of the time," Domi explained a bit loud, his tone tinged with frustration.

May point naman siya pero hindi naman niya kailangang pagtaasan ng boses si Yvy at hindi ba siya nahihiya na may ibang nakakarinig? I thought he liked her; why is he talking to her like that?

I knocked to announce my presence but didn't wait for their response before opening the door. I found them standing face to face, but they immediately looked at me.

Dominique's face showed frustration, though it was subtle, and Yvy, as usual, showed no emotion, as if she wasn't affected by what he was saying. But I could see it in her eyes when our eyes locked. She's hurt, maybe from Dominique's last statement.

"Is everything okay?" I asked her without breaking eye contact.

She pressed her lips together and nodded. "Yeah."

"No, it's not," I observed, shifting my gaze to Dominique and giving him a cold stare.

He seemed curious mula pa kanina nang dumating ito dito, siguro sa kung bakit ko kasama si Yvy at bakit kami nandito in the first place. Hindi rin maganda ang tingin nito kanina pa, at parang palaging may laman pero wala naman akong pakialaman doon.

"Can you please refrain from shouting at her? You have a point but you don't need to raise your voice and stop mentioning something personal lalo na kung hindi lang naman kayo ang nakakarinig."

That wasn't a request or a reminder; I made sure my voice and expression conveyed seriousness. He seemed shocked, perhaps by my tone and expression. I even noticed him gulp, but he immediately furrowed his brows when he snapped out of it.

"I'm not shouting at her. Hold on, why are you even interfering? You're just her personal assistant, and this is a conversation between your boss and me, so shut up," he denied with a warning making my eye twitch.