Going Back

It's been a month since I first woke up. The school was closed for two weeks for renovations, renovations I made them have to do. I haven't gone back to school yet, mom decided I needed to take a few weeks to heal from my experience.

I listened to her and didn't go to school with the others, and to be honest I was glad. I didn't want to face up to the death toll I had caused.

The first two days they had people
come and remove the bodies. So many bodies.

I watched from the window as each one was carried away. I counted to over thirty then stopped not wanting to know the exact number. Most of them I didn't know, but it still added to my guilt.

David would tell me how I hadn't caused their death and that Zander did. I know he killed them, I truly do. I know because he told me.

Anyone that wouldn't join him freely, or resisted too much, he would kill. He had done it quickly, I remember, I watched. That was before the events that lead to me hurting those I loved.

When David would tell me it wasn't my doing, I couldn't help thinking about what I had caused upon him. His scars that will remain there indefinitely.

That night he had used all his healing abilities for me. Mom had tried to heal him later on that night, but she couldn't heal him all the way. That was because of how he started to heal himself, and then he stopped and transfused it to me.

Mom was able to help him some, now he only has five white lines. It's not that bad but I still give apologies to him about it.

David's told me for weeks now that he's forgiving me, but I don't know how he could.

Maxi left the school a few days after it opened. Her brother had been one of the dead and she just couldn't take staying here. She never said goodbye to me, I didn't expect her too. I caused this, why should she.

Luci still comes over often, still being one of my best friends. The first few days she wouldn't leave our cabin. I'm not joking she slept with me some days, then others on the sofa. Felix would never leave too, just like her.

He stayed and helped me, and I was so happy he did. The first few days I couldn't sleep at all, nightmares plagued mind every night.

This time they weren't about Zander, the were about me. So much blood and death in each one, all my doing.

Felix would use his gift to help me sleep. He would guide me to dream better things, and take away my nightmares. I know he saw everything I would dream about, but he would never say anything to me about it.

He acted the same with me as he did before the events of that night, and through all the nightmares. Luci never acted different either.

This thought never left my mind, I still don't know how I ended up with such good friends, but they deserve better than me as a friend.

I sigh and come out of my thoughts, pulling the blankets off from around me. Luci and Felix finally went home to their cabins last week when I needed them less, so it's just me and David.

Stretching I slip on my slippers and walk to the bathroom. I stare at my reflection: my red hair matted and knotty, deep bags under my eyes, and my skin has visibly gotten paler. I turn on the shower and step in to the warm abyss.

I have this time to think about everything to myself, and I hate it. Nothing but all the death crosses my thoughts.

In a few short months, this is what my life has become. I've gone from happy to hopeless in no time at all.

I step out the shower and move to my closet, the bright colors don't intrigue me anymore. Because of this is settle on my black skinny jeans, a grey tank top, my grey converse, and I put on a black beanie to cover most of my hair.

David I know is already in the library studying for something. I take up my knapsack and open the door. Time to go back.

Hey guys I'm so sorry I haven't updated this in forever. I didn't know the direction in which to take this book, but I think I know now, so I might be able to update more often. Sorry and I hope you stick along for more
~Vic

LIKE
COMMENT
VOTE
RECOMMEND TO YOUR FRIENDS;)