Chapter 2: She makes a very hot dude, obviously.

Copyright © 2012 by J.S. Antrobus

Chapter 2: She makes a very hot dude, obviously.

The house was large. Ridiculously large. I stared in awe at the building. I had never been in a house this large, far less for living in one.

“Wow.” I muttered. Mr Chandler grinned at my reaction to his… house.

“So you like it?” He asked. I turned to look at him.

“How many people live here?” I asked him.

“The five of us. Well, it is six now since you’re here.” He said grinning at me. I did not smile back, though.

“Oh.” I responded.

“Well, come on,” He said, picking up two of my bags. I followed him up the massively imposing structure. The estate had an old English feel to it, as though it was a plantation house. I walked towards the structure, ignoring the imploring questions that Mr Chandler had somehow found it necessary to ask me.

“So, do you play any sports, Jason?” Mr Chandler asked me when we got closer to the front door.

“Football.” I said without thinking. I loved football more than anything else in the world. Well, except my mother… and my dad too… and my sister, Harper… and Gene… and the dolls. Well, football was one of my loves. I always played as a striker but I was also privy to playing other positions, my best so far was midfielder.

“That’s excellent. Seb, too, is a footballer. He’s quarterback, what about you? You seem like a runner.” Mr Chandler told me and I sighed.

“Not American football, Mr Chandler. Football, football… umm… soccer.” I responded. I had only then realised that we had stopped. Mr Chandler pulled out some keys then unlocked the door.

“Oh, OK. That’s good too.” He said. He pushed the door open the turned to me with a questioning look. “Ready?” He asked me. I stared at him.

Why would he wait until I was at the door to ask me if I was ready? It was not as though I would have been able to change my mind. I didn’t answer him, only nodded and he smiled.

“Boys, get your asses down here now!” Mr Chandler shouted. I heard sounds coming from the second floor then, like actual princes, they came down the steps.

I might look like a boy, I might act like a boy, I might even talk like a boy at times, but underneath all of that, I was a female, 100% woman. So it didn’t seem that bad, to me, when my voice hitched in my throat when I saw the guys in front of me.

“Dude, he’s pretty.” The blonde one said with a smirk. I stared at him, refusing to break off. He was the first to look away causing me to nearly smile. Nearly.

“Yeah,” The brunette with the scar over his eye muttered.

“Anyways, I’m Charlie. And that’s Michael.” He pointed to the brunette. He gave me a tight smile. I turned to the dark haired guy who hadn’t moved the scowl from his face since he came down the steps.

“And the emotionless jerk over there is Sebastian.” Charles told me. I nodded a bit but didn’t respond.

“So… you are?” Michael asked me.

“Jason.” I said. I figured out that I should have said something about my gender then, but I didn’t. I just told them my name and went back into the solitude in my brain.

“Oh Kay then.” Someone else said. I didn’t notice the, clearly, youngest of the Chandler boys until he spoke. He looked a lot like Sebastian, with his dark hair and dark green eyes, yet he still held resemblance to the others, especially since he had softer more humane features.

“So, I’m Jack, Jace.” He said.

“Jason.” I corrected him out of instinct.

“Huh?” Jack asked me and I scowled at myself for ruining my first meeting with the people I was supposed to be living with like this.

“You said Jace. My name’s Jason.” I told him.

“Oh-Kay then… Jason.” He said with raised brows.

“Well, I have a life to get back to, so if we’re done here…” Michael said causing Charles to grin.

“Yeah. Some of us…” Charles started but then we heard a door slam. The six of us turned to see the long haired, blue eyed rage monster storming through the door. She stalked towards Charles and poked him in the chest with her long fingers.

“What the hell, Charlie.” She hissed, “Weren’t we doing something? Where the hell were you off to so long?” Charles just kept on smirking, making the blonde even madder.

“Vivian…” Mr Chandler started but paused when he saw her face.

“You better have a damn good reason why you stopped Skyping me just now, Charles.” She hissed at him. He smiled then nodded towards me.

“That’s why.” The partially scary blonde girl turned her heated gaze towards me then her face went blank.

“Charlie-bear?” She asked.

“Yes.” He responded.

“Who’s that?” She asked. Michael smirked.

“Vivian, this is Jason. He’s British.” Michael told her. I swore I saw the girl’s eyes stare into my very soul with the look she gave me. She stared me down and I stared back. Then she smirked.

“Well, you’re delectable.” She said with a grin. She looked at me the way Yagomi looked at cake. As though she was ready to pounce and attack.

“Hey Viv,” Jack said. She turned to him and winked.

“Hey Cutie.” She to a blushing Jack, “Well, I’ll be going back home now.” She started walking away but stopped in front of me.

“You’re a pretty hot dude,” She said, then came up to my ear and whispered, “For a girl.”