Chapter 44 - 6, 8, 12

A/N: Hey guys! Thank you so much for your comments and votes! This chapter is longer than the previous one kaya I hope di na kayo mabitin. :P Hahaha. Hope you guys enjoy this one. :)

Chapter 44 – 6, 8, 12

He woke up with a headache that morning. He had a few more beers last night after his phone call from Anne.

"Akala ko ba sabi mo hayaan ko na lang siya?"

"Kanina yun. Pinigilan kita na habulin siya dahil nabigla mo siya, Vice. She didn't expect to see you there."

"How is she?" he let out a sigh.

"She tells me she's okay, but she is far from okay, Vice."

"Galit pa rin ba siya sakin?"

"I don't know but she's bitter. Alam mo yun, like the old Karylle." He sighed.

"You need to talk to her."

"How?"

"I have a plan."

He heard a knock on his door. His mother opened the door slowly and peeked inside to check on him.

"Nak, nakahanda na ang almusal. Kain na tayo at maaga pa flight ng Ate Emma mo."

"Opo, Nay. Babangon na po ako." Sagot nito at nag inat sa kama nya bago bumangon.

Sinabayan ni Vice mag almusal sila Nanay Rosario and Emma, pagkatapos nun naghanda na sila dahil ihahatid nila si Emma sa airport.

Nico woke up to the smell of pancakes coming from the living room. He followed the smell and found Anne, flipping pancake and catching it with the frying pan.

"Pancakes!" the kid jumped in joy. Anne turned and smiled at the boy, "Good morning, Nico!" she said and turned off the electric stove.

"Good morning!" sagot nito at tumakbo papunta sa dining table. Nilagyan naman siya ni Anne ng pancake sa plato nito. Tahimik lang kumakain ang dalawa habang pinapanood ni Anne si Nico kumain.

She checked her watch, "Tulog pa si Ate mo? 10 na ah." Nico nodded before slicing another pancake and stuffing it to his mouth. "She was snoring. Lakas." Natawa naman si Anne dito at napailing.

"Saan po tayo pupunta today?" Nico asked, done with his pancake and drank his orange juice.

"We're going shopping today tapos tonight, it will just be you and me kasi may date si Ate mo." She smirked before clearing out their paper plates. His brows furrowed in confusion, "Date? Wala naman pong boyfriend si Ate." He said, confused, following his Tita Anne to the bin. Napangiti naman si Anne kay Nico. She knelt down to be the same level as him, "Can you keep a secret?" she asked the little boy. Without hesitation, Nico nodded.

"May date si Ate Karylle with Kuya Vice." Anne began, Nico's eyes went wide and a big smile formed on the corner of his lips. "Pero hindi alam ni Ate Karylle. It's a surprise. It will be our little secret, okay?" the little boy nodded in return.

Pagkatapos ihatid nila Vice sa airport si Emma, nag lunch muna sila malapit sa airport at umuwi na rin pagkatapos. Habang nagmamaneho, halatang halata ang pagka-tense ni Vice at pinagpapawisan ang noo nito kahit naka-bukas naman ang air-con sa loob ng kotse.

"Nak, okay ka lang ba? Parang hindi ka mapakali." His mother asked.

"Kinakabahan lang po ako... para mamaya." He admitted to his mother. He told her and his sister about taking Karylle to dinner.