Chapter 48 - One Message Away

It was already afternoon when she arrived home. Anne welcomed her in a hug before Karylle made her way inside and collapsed on the sofa. Anne went to the kitchen to grab her something to drink.

"Si Nico?" Karylle asked from the living room, her head leaning back at the sofa.

"Nasa kwarto, tulog." She heard her say. Anne came back with a glass of orange juice and gave it to her. As soon as she was done taking a sip, Anne opened her mouth to speak. "So, how was yesterday?" she asked, excited to hear her story.

"It was wonderful. We went horseback riding and sight-seeing in Mines View Park. The view is so breathtaking, Anne. We should go there next time."

Anne couldn't stop smiling, "I've heard Mines View Park is a romantic place to go to. He really knew where to take you." She smirked, "Did you guys get to talk?"

"Yes, we did."

"And how did it go?"

"It went..." she bit her lower lip as she recalled last night, "well." She said.

Anne studied her face carefully, her eyes grew wide and her jaw dropped when her eyes shifted from her face to her neck, "Oh my god, Karylle. Is that a hickey?" she asked, blinking twice.

Karylle's eye widened as she covered the spot on her neck. "What? No. It's a mosquito bite. Malamok kasi sa pinuntahan namin e."
Anne raised an eyebrow at her and her the corner of her lips formed a smirk. "You're a terrible liar, K. I know how a mosquito bite looks like and that is definitely not a mosquito bite." she said, pointing at her neck.

"Is there something you need to tell me?"

Karylle swallowed hard, "Nope." she answered, rubbing her neck. Wishing the hickey would disappear anytime soon.

"Karylle?" Anne was pushing her to tell her the truth. Karylle wasn't planning on telling Anne about it... yet. But she knew that she would tell her eventually because she couldn't hide it from her.

"Okay, fine. You got me." Karylle admitted, sighing.

"We kissed..." she said softly.

"And?"

"and... we went further." Karylle bit her lower lip and Anne's eyes grew wide and her jaw dropped.

"OH MY GOSH." she screamed but Karylle shut her up by covering her mouth.

"Wag kang maingay. Marinig ka ni Nico." she said. Anne removed Karylle's hand. She still couldn't believe what she just heard.

"So, may nangyari. OMG, girl. I'm so proud of you. My little girl is all grown up." she teased and Karylle nudged her lightly. "So, how was it?"

"Not a chance, Anne. I am not telling you." Anne laughed.

"Of course, you won't. So, what happened? Are you guys back together?" Karylle shook her head.

"What? But did he tell you that he is still in love with you?"

"Nope." Anne looked befuddled.

"Then, what exactly happened?"

"Wala. We had breakfast together and he dropped me to the bus terminal. Sabi nya mamimiss daw nya ko. Nagpasalamat din siya kasi binigyan ko siya ng chance para mag explain. He was gonna say something after that but I stopped him."

"Bakit?"

"Because... because it will just complicate things and I don't want that, Anne. Mas okay na yung ganito."