Runaway Plan

"After a month of fear, Ben Honeycutt, the boy who disappeared back in July, has now been found. Police were notified the night of Ben's disappearance by his family, that their 15 year old son had gone missing. The Rotuck County Police was immediately notified and went out to find him. Reports say, Ben Honeycutt ran away from his home and was found 10 miles away in Fort Calloway, Montana. Ben states he wanted to spend time away from his alcoholic father and his step-mom. We will be notified soon as to what the police plan on doing to prevent this from happening again. I'm Ariel-"

I turned off the T.V. and started to think about Ben. How awesome it would be to run away. Be free from everything. Be on my own. I smiled. How have I not thought of this before?
I ran into my room, and began to get a backpack. I quickly got up a map and went to see where I could go. I kept thinking about where I'd runaway too. California or New York? It sounds so cliché to be running off to some big state, but I don't want to be like an actress of anything. I just want to live my life freely.
I compared the states. Thought about it. And crosses of New York, only because I live in Oregon, and I'm one state over. I'd take forever to get to New York from here.
California it is.

I don't really care whether or not my mom cares. I'm tired of her. I'm 16 and I should be free. All she ever does is hold me back.

I started to think about the things I'll need packed up: Makeup, blankets, and clothes. If I was going to do this, I'd need to plan it out.