Faris Clancy

I've been planning for past 3 days, thinking about everything. I'll need money, so I'll just go up and steal from my mom. I need to have a plan on how to get there, so I'm thinking of hitch hiking there with someone already planning on going. It's perfect. All I have to do is pack up some clothes and other essentials and find a good day to leave. My mom works everyday except the weekends. Sometime this week, I'll leave.

In the mean time I'll just wait for the day I leave, the day I'll be free. Oh the things I'll do when I get there. Maybe a tattoo, I've always wanted one.

The next day I went to the mall to find a backpack and some other things. As I walked around I noticed someone dropped their wallet. I picked it up, thinking about what I could do. Steal the card? No. Think. If your going to be on your own, be smart. I took the money instead. 150 dollars. Seems like someone just went to the bank. I looked at the name on the side of the wallet: Jared Coates
"Thank you, Jared Coates." I said to myself as I put the wallet on the nearest thing and left the mall.

I walked home thinking about what I did. I got lucky there. In California, I'll need to pit-pocket for money. I won't get as lucky as to finding an idiot who just lost is wallet on the way back from the bank.

I'll need a disguise on my way to California. Just so no one can identify me. So I bought hair dye and fake glasses. I was really doing this and I was ready. I also have to change my name.

Instead of Iris Lance, it'll be Faris Clancy. I smiled. "Faris Clancy. Hi, I'm Faris Clancy." I went over the line of me introducing myself over and over again in my head. I liked the name.

As I arrived home I noticed my mom was home. I walked in and she greeted me as she sat on the couch.
"Oh Iris you're home."
"Yup. Been at the mall."
"By yourself? It's getting kind of dark."
"Yes who else? I mean I'm alone."
"The mall is a bit far don't you think?"
"No. I have the ability to walk."
"Iris."

I walked away. She was getting on my nerves.

"Glad you're back." She said.

I didn't know how to feel. But I can't just stop my plan because of one sentence. I walked into my room and shut the door.