chapter twenty five.

jisung's pov ⋆。˚

september 14, 2028

"it's your first year in your early thrities, how does that feel for you, han jisung-ssi?"

"it's absolutely crazy, but i think i'm pretty lucky. you know cause not many people are able to make it this far, so i'm very grateful for that."

"well, it was great having you here and very thankful you were able to accept our request to be in our broadcast!"

"yeah, absolutely."

"alright, happy first thirtieth birthday to han jisung-ssi and i'll return back for more talkshow. but for now, enjoy the new comeback song by jupiters called stars and galaxy," the man says as he signals the people from behind to cut off his voice and fade in the music.

i watch and wait quietly. once the man takes a breath of relief and stands up from his chair i follow.

he approached me sooner and extends his hand out. i shake his hand with a bow in return. "thank you for having me," i formally say.

he chuckles softly. "it's no problem. it was great talking with you...!"

"ah, thank you so much..!"

"of course."

he lets go of my hand and i make my way out the studio. my manager is waiting outside and he hands me a quick cup of water. i take a sip before i return to thanking everyone and then finally being able to leave.

over the past years my image on the media has changed. when i was in university, the business company that had contacted me ended up needing me to be in their drama. i only had a minor role in it but that little part got me into so many more the following years.

i starred in a boys love drama. as the main role, and then companies began contacting me to be in their film. since then, i began to grow more quickly. people said i had a talent in acting, that whenever i acted, it felt and looked so real that it was hard to take the eyes off me.

i liked it. i enjoyed being in new movies and being able to play so many different kinds of characters. fake ones, ones i could never be.

but being in the industry of acting has caused me lots of trouble too. people were surprised to find out i'm gay, but i didn't hide myself. if i was gonna do this, i wanted to do it being me. not someone else.

eventually, i didn't care about the hate anymore. i let it pass by and instead focus on my life. because it is, and i will make great use of it. because i deserve it, and because i'm capable of getting past anything. at least, one person in this entire world knows that. and he has made me realize that i can make that come true.

seungmin and i broke up four years later after minho's disappearance. since he was studying to be a medic, he was moved to the states to be an intern there. we tried, to work it out and stay together despite the long distance...but when he figured out how much it was making us suffer because of it, we decided it'd be best to break things off.

our love lasted until it couldn't. i enjoyed everything we had. seungmin was the first person who loved me without needing try. he will always be someone special to me.

i haven't seen minho since he last left. we haven't spoken since that day, and we haven't texted either. i think it's because he got a new number. i tried calling him but he never responded. for the past years i couldn't stop questioning whether or not his feelings have changed or have stayed the same.