02 ᡣ𐭩 Encounters

"You're home early

"You're home early."

"It's 11pm."

Those were the words Karasuma Tadaomi was welcomed to when he came home from work. He arranged his work shoes at their entrance, giving her a sigh as he watched her cook him some spicy ramen.

(He should probably tell her to get normal ones soon because they've been having it 3 times a week and it can't possibly be healthy.)

"So? You know I sleep at 1am, anyways what toppings do you want?" Karasuma Kumiko asked him as she slowly placed the ramen contents from the metal pot into 2 white bowls. He looked at the two metal chopsticks and spoons that were set to the side, "just an egg. Don't you have to work on something?"

She hummed, opening the fridge and grabbing 2 eggs from it as well as a pan from the drawer.

"I finished it before you came home, thankfully my friend finished some of it before." Kumiko placed some oil on the pan and turned on the stove, cracking the eggs over it. He unbuttoned his brown trench coat and placed it over the headrest of the couch. Stretching his neck a bit and grabbing the TV remote, "how's school?"

No matter how tired he was, he would always ask her how school was.

"It was fine, a kid got suspended today." She rested his bowl of ramen on the coffee table and sat next to him, placing her focus on the movie that was airing on some random channel. "Apparently, he beat up the best kid of the graduating class."

Karasuma looked at her weirdly, grabbing his bowl and taking a bite for himself.

"He must've had a good reason to do so if he was willing to do something so big."
"The teachers told me that the guy he beat up was bullying some E-Class students so..." Kumiko trailed off, not wanting to continue that statement. Karasuma gave her a weird look but didn't press on. In all honesty, he didn't like her school as much as it would do wonders for her later on.

It was something he didn't expect once his sister brought up the idea on him.

Kumiko didn't know how she got here. That was an ongoing theme she's been noticing when she found herself in front of the suspended kid.

It was a weird journey on how she reached this point. After she and her uncle went to see a movie, she wanted to get some snacks for home and told him that he can go home earlier. She quickly moved her white sneakers to a conspicuous alleyway near the convenient store, the grunts and possible screams coming from it were a tad concerning.

"I thought you would stay out of trouble after your suspension, Akabane."

"Who knew Ms. Lackey was keeping tabs on me, I thought you were obsessed with resident square." The redhead scoffed at her in reply. Kumiko rolled her eyes at his comment, why was she here to begin with?

"Fuck off, I got worried. Those guys looked much bigger than you," She narrowed her eyes at his bruised face. "My suspicions may be correct."

Akabane Karma is cocky to say the least. It was easy to get that from him when you see him fight, the way he assumes that he will automatically win a fight because he is smarter. Underestimating the way they could easily just grab them and not deal with the consequences after.