𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓽𝓱𝓻𝓮𝓮

ɴᴏᴡ ᴘʟᴀʏɪɴɢ:

ᴅᴀɴᴄɪɴɢ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴅᴀʀᴋ- ʙʀᴜᴄᴇ ꜱᴘʀɪɴɢꜱᴛᴇᴇɴ

0:01 ❍─────── 4:00
↻ ⊲ Ⅱ ⊳ ↺
Volume: ▁▂▃▄▅▆▇ 100%

♔♔♔

The office was bustling with activity. Lawyers in suits and associates scurried about, phones rang off the hook, and the constant hum of activity filled the air.  As Giselle navigated through the maze of desks and cubicles, she overheard whispers and murmurs. Some of her co-workers cast furtive glances her way, while others whispered to each other behind coffee mugs and computer screens.

Giselle tried to ignore the whispers and the gossip, focusing on her work, but the tension in the air was palpable. She sensed that something was amiss, something bigger than office gossip.

Suddenly, she felt a tap on her shoulder. Looking up, she found Donna standing there, a sympathetic smile on her face.

"Hey," Donna said softly, pulling up a chair beside Giselle's desk. "Can we talk for a minute?"

"Donna I don't know what he told you—"

Donna held up a hand, cutting Giselle off gently. "No, it's not about that." She paused, studying Giselle's face for a moment before continuing. "It's about the whispers. People are talking."

"What about?" Giselle's brows rose, looking at the redhead before her, her lips slightly parting, revealing how chapped the inside was from her anxious biting.

Donna lowered her voice further as if the walls themselves might be listening in. "They're talking about you, G. There's been some speculation..." Donna trailed off, her gaze flickering around the office as if to ensure no one was eavesdropping.

Giselle's heart sank. She knew she was the subject of office gossip, but hearing Donna confirm it stung all the more. "What are they saying?" she asked quietly, her voice betraying just a hint of vulnerability.

Donna's face softened in sympathy. "Oh, you know. The usual office chatter. Rumours about your job performance, your relationship with Harvey..." She shrugged as if to minimize the gravity of the situation, but Giselle could hear the undercurrent of concern in her voice.

Giselle's heart sank further. "My relationship with Harvey?" she repeated, her voice tinged with surprise. "What are they saying about that?"

Donna leaned in even closer, her voice barely above a whisper. "Well, you know how it goes. Some people are suggesting that there might be something...more between you two." She paused, watching Giselle's reaction.

"What've you heard?" Giselle asked Rachel as she passed by, looking up at the two women before her.

Rachel's steps faltered as she heard their conversation. She exchanged a hesitant glance with Donna before stepping closer and joining their huddle.

"I've heard whispers from some of the associates," Rachel chimed in quietly. "They're saying there's something going on with you and Harvey."

"What year associates?" Giselle inquired, her teeth tugging at her thumbnail.

"A few of the fourth-years," Rachel replied, her voice hushed. "They're saying they've seen the way Harvey looks at you, the way you two interact..."

"And what do you two think?" She asked the two, knowing she would receive an honest response.