Chapter: 5

I slowly regained my consciousness, opening my blurred eyes to see the woods was filled with a warm orange glow, 'ah god... how long was I out? The sun's already setting...' while white specks drifted through the air. I was expecting a cold winter breeze to chill me to the bone, almost numbing my beaten body, however, it was actually warm... I groan reaching out my arms, but tense when my wounds on my body disturb what seems to the eye a fresh layer of snow now surrounding me, however, the pain stung, with more than what it should've. My throat begins to feel tight and my eyes start to tear up, remembering the events that had passed, leaving that one question in your mind, the only thing on my mind...'why me?' Warm tears slowly run down my face onto the 'snow'. I lie there, as my chest begins to tighten even more, I was still barely conscious so I was finding it hard to notice the little things... Like the greyish colour in the snow, how the 'sunset' was getting better and began to flicker, and how the woods was getting warmer, I pass it off and sigh closing my eyes...
That's when I hear men's voices faintly bellowing,
"There's somebody out there go get them!"
By now I was feeling quite drowsy as I picked up my head to look around... I didn't recall anything being wrong with my vision... So why did everything look so... Smokey?.. I look over to the orange flickering glow of the 'sunlight' before seeing a man in a yellow suit and a funny looking mask jump through the sun?.. I raised an eyebrow suspiciously... "Are you a marshan?.." I call out, my voice comes out raspy...
'Was I dead?!' The man picks me up and pressed my head against his chest, "you're safe now". He then begins to run back towards the sun, 'I was being abducted by aliens' I gasp before coughing obliviously. 'Wait until I tell Leigh!' I look up at the masked man, before I begin to breath slowly, starting to struggle as I feel exhausted...
~pass out~
I sigh as I begin to wake up, but keep my eyes shut. A continuous beeping, that was only ever familiar in films I had watched, filled the room. I slowly open my eyes and look to my left to see the monitor beeping, my heart rate at 94. I look around the empty room, there was only one other patient there, he was on the opposite side of me, and two beds up, next to the window, I couldn't get a good look at them though because the blanket covered their whole body. The room was mainly white, white walls, white tile flooring, white metal bedposts. The only colour, was the medical blue curtains and bed sheets, and the wooden cupboards around the shelves, and the small black box TV (which looked ancient) hung on the wall in the middle of the room. However, it was too quiet to understand.
I hear footsteps coming towards the room door, and see two shadows forming through the blurred out glass windows. I close my eyes and pretend to be asleep. I here two people walk in, and over to my bed, they sound to be a doctor and a nurse.
"Take note, heart beat increased to 94 beats a minute, she's doing increasingly well since when she first came here, still asleep, has been since they brought her in."
'Since who brought me in?.. Why am I even here?' I had so many questions... but I thought it best to just lie here for now...
"What happened to her doctor?.."
The nurse asks sadly, I hear him hesitate before speaking, quieting his tone, however it was still loud enough for me to hear, he probably did it so the other patient didn't hear.
"She was found lying in the woods at 11:10pm, in the middle of a fire, that killed half the forest... There was more than a trace... In fact a heavy dosage of Anaesthesia found in her body, which could imply why she is still sleeping, or at least we hope that's the case... She was barely conscious when the fire brigade found her, but then passed back out... If it was due to the smoke impact on her lungs... we have a much servers cause here... There was..." I hear him gulp, 'why couldn't he finish his sentence?.. Surely it wasn't that bad?'
"Doctor?" The nurse calls...
"Yes... There was... Signs of rape also found... Due to the bruises, and the overall state of her body... what really made it obvious however, was the trace of semen we found at the scene... We've taken DNA tests... And handed them into the police... They can't link it to a suspect, even with all the evidence, the police can't seem to track anything... It's almost like it was done by... A ghost of some sort..."
"That's terrible she's so young and beautiful too..."
"Indeed, she's (your age)... Some people take that as their opportunity..."
I hear them both walk out of the room, and wait for the door to close before opening my eyes... 'I remember everything now...' I sigh as I remember the events... "That sick bastard! What did he want from me..." I say quietly to myself as a tear falls down my face... I try to sit up, but tense my face in pain; it hurts when I sit because of what he did to me... I give up and roll onto my side, staring at the monitor, watching as the red line would bounce, then continue the straight line... bounce... straight line... bounce... (etc)
I don't know how long I was staring at the monitor, but I'm disturbed as the door opens, I see Leigh rush over to me panicked...
"(Your name)!" He sits on the side of my bed and pulls me into a warm embrace... I could feel his heart beating fast... "I'm sorry..." I cry as I hug him back, nuzzling my head into the crook of his neck...
"Why are you apologising?.." he says, sadness in his voice.
"I shouldn't have left you..."
He hugs me tighter and gently rubs my back, "you're safe now..."
'Oh... How I wish that was true...'
I hear someone walk in and pull away from Leigh to look at a doctor who walked over and stood at the end of my bed. He didn't much appear as a doctor though, he has dark brown hair, that was smartly styled and he was wearing a pair of glasses, he wore his white jacket open, revealing his grey shirt, and blue tie, and kept his stethoscope wrapped around his neck, he also carried a black A4 notebook in his right arm.
"(Your name), you're awake?.."
I look up at him and nod my head, as Leigh stands up facing him.
"Are you aware of the events that happened..."
"Parts are still blurred... was I in a fire?.." I question confused... I was so sure it was snowing?
The doctor nods before sighing...
"I have some good news and some bad news..."
I assume he meant by the bad news he meant about what Jeff did to me, so it was nice to hear something good has happened... I nod at him to signify for him to continue.
"The good news is, the police are already on the case, and due to your quick recovery, you can go home... the bad news is... on top of all this... Your parents were involved in a car accident on the way here to see you... It would appear they were under the influence of alcohol... Your mother is in A+E, recovering... your father... I'm sorry for your loss..."
He bows his head as my eyes just widen and stare... 'was this Jeff?.. He did say he'd hurt them... however Jeff's a serial killer... he kills... not make people have car accidents... and my parents were drinking... but this isn't the time to think of this my fathers dead...' It was all too much shock, I couldn't even bring myself to cry... I was oblivious to everything... the only thing I could hear was the monitor begin to beep faster as I could feel my heart pace quickening in shock... I'm pulled sideward as towards Leigh who holds me tightly as the tears burst down my face... 'Now what was I going to do?.. I couldn't stay at the hospital... Jeff would know I was here... I couldn't go home... not alone... and my mother wasn't leaving A+E anytime soon... and I couldn't go to Leigh's... Jeff beat me there last time... and now he's getting more serious...'

(How is it?o.o it's a short chapter for now; I'm going to sleep and I was serious about finishing the chapter haha. I actually like where it's going? And I have a good idea set so I can do a few chapters yet :) )