himawari (4)

It's been two days since I've been back in Kasukabe. I last saw Kazama the day before yesterday, he's been travelling on a city trip for work purposes. I've tried to get his cell but Shin has refused, acting weird.

"He's my boyfie, why should I share the cell with you" he had said. I had cringed and never asked again.

Mom was overwhelmed with emotions, she had hugged me, caressed me and showered me with kisses. I had noticed mom's growing wrinkles, her sagging skin, yet she resembled angels at work. I missed her, I missed her love and her tantrums. I missed being here. It feels at home.

But I must not waste time. I'll be gone in six months, I must try to live it to the fullest.

I got up, dug through my clothes and, hugging a jacket, I rushed out. I'd already met the entire locality in these two days so no one would come up to me, surprised, to chat. I felt kind of relieved.

Walking down the road, I felt the jacket was unnecessary, New York had affected my weather tolerance level and I no longer felt cold even if the wind was chilly. I had one cargo pants and a tank top on and people ogled me like I was some Yeti. Yeah, I'm back from some other country and I don't feel cold, that's it?

I got myself a can of cold coffee and sipped on it slowly, to savour the taste. Walking alone helped ease my mind and divert my thoughts away from that one damn man.

"Feeling warm, aren't we?" A voice popped from behind.

I turned around to face two beautiful blue eyes smiling at me. Can people smile with their eyes?

It was Marco, Matthew Marco Phillips. I had laughed, without hesitation, on hearing his name. He genuinely has three names on his name. Mom had looked at me with warning and I had to shut it. Marco and I had been vibing since then. I liked him, he gave off an easy aura and being around him eased out the surroundings, unlike that one man. Ugh?

I smiled. "Good to see you here. Where were you going, though?" I said.

"I was off to your house, wanted to invite you up to a party." He said and passed me a snack, it was a steaming hot curry stuffed bun. I love them!

"Omg! I love these buns." I said, genuinely happy because I was about to go get myself some from the market.

"Noted." He said and smiled.

I smiled back. He had oathed to remember everything I love so that he could make the time we spend together, even more enjoyable, such a sweetheart!

"What party, by the way?" I asked biting on the bun and moaning my way out as a pleasure, it'd been years since I tasted this bun.

"Toru will be back this evening, thought we'd throw a party. It's a welcoming party."

"But he was off for about 2 days only, isn't it?"

"Yeah, just an excuse to enjoy." He said laughing.

I giggled. "So, when's this party?"

"This evening? Be ready by 7? I'll pick you up?" He said with expectant eyes.

I don't generally do parties, and Party in Japan is a whole different concept. New York has changed me as a person. I do know what to wear, when to go and how to behave in parties, and a whole different meaning of parties and I love being something different than what the society allows me to be.

"I've got myself a bike, I could use that?" I said, yeah, and it's rusting in a corner almost.

"Yeah, I know. But it'd save you time and effort if I take you to the party, I mean, it's already afternoon, don't you need time to doll up?"