09 | caroline

After the death of Rose, Miliani thought she was losing her damn mind

After the death of Rose, Miliani thought she was losing her damn mind. Things were disappearing and reappearing in different places that she put them. Things she outright knew she had were just gone. And she could have sworn someone was following her.

Her Dad's loud voice brought her back to reality. They were in Stefan's room talking about his plan. "You brought back John Gilbert? That was your big "Save Elena" move?" He scoffed, clearly upset.

Things hadn't been the same since Miliani staked Rose. He has been avoiding her. This was the longest they'd been in the same room for a while.

Stefan sighed. "I went to go look for Isobel, and I got John instead. He said he can help us, and we're desperate," he groaned.

Damon threw his hands out. "We're not that desperate, Stefan. The guy tried to barbecue us," he yelled, pointing to his daughter and then back to him.

"Damon, Bonnie's new witch friend is working with Elijah, so we have to assume that the moonstone was never destroyed. Elena is putting all of her faith into some deal that she made with Elijah to keep everyone safe. I mean, do you trust Elijah? I don't trust him. He's an Original, he can't be trusted. It's not like we can just go up and kill him because apparently, he can't die!"

"I trust him. Elijah's noble and going behind his back won't result in anything nice," Miliani commented from Stefan's bed where she was painting her nails.

"That's because you have a schoolgirl crush on him. Yeah, we've noticed," Stefan snarked when her back stiffed.

"I'm still waiting for the part where John Gilbert is the answer."

Stefan turned his attention back to his brother, Miliani continuing her actions as if nothing had been said. "He knew about the sacrifice, Isobel told him. He said he knew of a way to keep Elena safe."

"And how do we do that?" Damon asked, waiting for the big reveal.

"He's not talking to him. It's obvious by the way he's tensing," Miliani mumbled. Stefan rolled his eyes but didn't deny it.

"Great work Stefan. Top notch. As if I didn't have enough problems," Damon snarled going to walk away.

"Hey, I'm sorry about Rose."

Damon froze at the door. "Whatever. I knew the woman for five minutes."

Miliani froze not wanting to be here for this conversation. "And you cared about her after five minutes. I wonder what that means?"

"It means I care, Stefan. It means I'm changing, evolving into a man capable of greatness. Better watch your back, because I may just have to go get a hero-hairdo of my own, and steal your thunder." he goes to leave but pauses. "And besides, I've always cared for Miliani."

He left leaving the two of them alone. She had finished painting her nails and just sat there picking at them. Stefan sighed and reached for his phone.