𝖼𝗁𝖺𝗉𝗍𝖾𝗋 𝗍𝗐𝖾𝗅𝗏𝖾

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐖𝐀𝐘 𝐈 𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐄𝐃 𝐘𝐎𝐔    /    𝖼𝗁𝖺𝗉𝗍𝖾𝗋 𝗍𝗐𝖾𝗅𝗏𝖾❛ jordan, don't do this

❛ jordan, don't do this. ❜

RILEY HAD TOSSED AND TURNED all night while the haunting voices inside her mind kept her up. Words plagued her like venom and shook her from a dream to a nightmare whilst she attempted to reach a peaceful slumber.

For the nine hours Riley Adams laid in bed, three words kept her up. She's using again.

Riley hadn't known if these words were true or lies, but it still haunted her.

The day she'd heard about Olivia's overdose was the day her world came crashing down. It was the day everyone's world came crashing down. From that day, she'd vowed she'd always notice the signs. Now, they were right in front of her and she didn't know what to do.

She'd felt like the world was mocking her with some cruel esoteric joke.

Arriving at school, she felt the weight of the world on her and she hadn't been sure why. Suppose she was getting crushed by the feeling of the unknown and the pain that knowing may cause, but she knew that wasn't it.

Something bigger was going on. She just wasn't sure what.

The girl yawned. Dozing off in her English class seemed to be the last thing you'd expect Riley Adams to be doing, but the lack of sleep seemed to catch up to her. Unfortunately, it caught up to her in the midst of her teacher talking about her favorite tragic love story. Romeo and Juliet.

The blonde felt a nudge on her shoulder, pulling her back to attention before her eyes threatened to flutter shut. She'd shot up, blinking her eyes and adjusting the collar of her sweatshirt before she looked to the left to see Jordan looking at her. "You all right?"

Riley blinks for a moment. This was the first time he'd spoken to her since the night down by the beach a week and a half ago. The words he spoken to her that night rang through her ears. I don't think we're capable of being just friends, Riley.

"Riley?" he asks again as she simply stares at him. "Hello, earth to Riley."

Riley blinks, slightly shaking her head. "Sorry, what?"

"I asked if you're okay," he says. "You're falling alseep in the middle of Romeo and Juliet. It's, like, your favorite story."

Riley was forced to suck in pained breath. She hated that he remembered things like that. "Just stayed up late studying, is all."

"Alright," Jordan nods before turning back to the front of the classroom.

Riley pulled her bottom lip between her teeth, chewing and nibbling on it while she twirled the gold ring wrapped securely around her thumb. Moments later, the bell rang.