Chapter 26 Benny's POV

"Listen Benny, I think we should talk about something serious," Sadies told me.

Instantly my eyes widened. Oh no, she's breaking up with me, isn't she?

"O-Okay," I stuttered nervously and we skated out of the rink and sat at a table.

"Benny," Sadies started timidly. "My - my dad, his job is moving him again."

I felt my heart crumble and my eyes water. "What do you mean?"

"I mean, I have to move again. I'm sorry," she told me calmly, her eyes full of worry.

"Oh," I choked out, not wanting to burst into tears as the lump in my throat grew.

She continued. "And I don't think it's a good idea if we try a long distance relationship. It just won't work."

"Okay," my voice emerged high pitch, but I cleared my throat and in a normal voice I added, "I understand."

She hugged me real tight and said, "I'll see you in a week, I'm gonna be busy packing and I think I should go. Tell everyone I said bye."

I watched as she got up and left. I buried my face in my hands and tried not to let my tears fall. Pull yourself together, man. You're okay, You're okay. I uncovered my face and watched everybody have fun.

A few minutes later Ham, Kenny, Bertram, Yeah-Yeah, Tommy, and Smalls sat with me.

"Hey, where'd Sadies go?" Scotty asked, making me choke up again.

"Yeah yeah, where's Sadies?" Yeah-Yeah said.

"She's gone," I told them. "She has to move, so she dumped me."

Ham patted my back. "It's okay, Benny man. You've got tons of girls following you around."

"Yeah. You can date Sarah Mae, or Mary Anne, or Jane now," Bertram added in attempt to cheer me up, but only saddened me more.

"Shut up you two, you're making it worse!" Kenny snapped at them. I guess it's weird for them to see me like this since I'm usually optimistic about things, but there's nothing good in this situation.

"You're making it worse!" Tommy repeated.

"Just drop the subject!" Smalls told them and they babbled a bunch of "Sorry's" and "Okay's."

"Let's just find some bottles and cash them in. We need to get us a ball," I told them, trying not to sound too upset. They smiled real and Yeah-Yeah said, "I'll get Alaska and Squints and Chrissy and Timmy!" and ran off.

__________________________

Yeah-Yeah's POV

"I'll get Alaska and Squints and Chrissy and Timmy!" I told the boys and ran off to get everyone else. I heard the boys snicker at me, but I didn't care.

I barely made it into the rink without falling, but I shook it off. I scanned everyone and finally found Laska and Squints. They were standing against the wall, laughing, smiling, and holding hands. I started to make over to them, but I noticed that they were starting to lean in.

"Wait!" I cried, catching them by surprise which caused them to retreat quickly. "We got to go." I grabbed Squints's arm and dragged him with me to find my sister and Timmy.

"C'mon we gotta go," I told Chrissy as soon as I saw her.

"Why?" she asked, holding Timmy's hand and he intertwined their fingers.

"No stop! Don't do that!" I yelled at her boyfriend and since they didn't listen, I figured that I might as well answer Timmy's question. "Benny wants to play ball."