Chapter 6: Jake

(Jakes POV)

I can't believe I just said that. To the love of my life! How could I hurt her like that? Oh yea that’s right she thinks she killed Jessica. 

She did kill Jessica!

 No, she didn't! Damn my stupid brain and its unhelpful thinking! She didn't kill jess the doctors said so! It's just so confusing! I know Luna didn't kill Jess. But whenever I see her I see Jess and it's hard, but I still love her. Maybe more than before, you know that saying you never know what you've have till you loss it? Yea well I never got that till now.

Eight and a half months earlier:

I can remember the day the police lady came knocking on my door. Lilly opened the door. Lilly's my nine-year-old baby sister. She's the cutest thing out and thank the lord she hasn't discovered boys yet! She's so innocent and caring! The day she comes home with a guy.... Lets just say it will be the first, the only, and the last.... NO ONE IS CORRUPTING MY BABAY SISTER NO ONE! Yea you could call me a little over protective but really she my baby sister! How could I not be over protective?

Anyway, Sweet we Lilly answer the door with me right behind her, coz you know, it was like nine at night. You never know what creeps could be knocking on doors just wanting to take little innocent kids away and corrupt them... maybe I am a little to over protective... Lilly just stood their, she knew I was there and would answer whoever it was at the door, she just liked opening the door. Don't ask me why I have no clue it's just something she has always liked doing. 

At the time I thought it was harmless... I wish I had thought better. It was nine p.m., when she opened the door and I saw that big policeman looking down on us. Now let me tell you, it wasn’t easy to look down on little Lilly but it's not easy to look down on me. I’m over 6 foot and really not many people look down on me, normally it's the other way round. 

I looked up to the big scary police guy and then down at my little sister and push her behind me. Something told me Lilly shouldn't bare the front of whatever the guy had to say. I’m glade I did that because I seriously did not expect to here what I heard.

I remember that as I pushed Lilly behind me she whispered.... "Jake what did you doooo?" in her sweet innocent high little girl voice, the same voice she puts on when she's scared or wants something. The voice she knows I can never say no to. 

I shake my head, now was not the time. This police guy looked uncomfortable and like he had better things to do. I swear I know this look, it's the look almost every policeman/woman put on when they are delivering bad news like someone’s in a car crash, someone died, a loved ones in jail, etc. The look I knew I never wanted to see in person. 

The police officer cleared his throat. Oh yea I haven't said anything yet. 

" What is it Sir?" I ask in my politest tone possible. You see my mum always taught me to be polite to other people, especially when they out rank you, like this man does. And I think you can guess I never use this tone at school.... well I never use it to any of the students, the teachers and.... principle area another story. 

" Are your parents home boy?" His voice was deep and ruff. He looked uncomfortable. 

"No sorry Sir. They went out for dinner. It just us, would you like to come inside?" I seemed so calm and sure of myself. When really all I wanted to do was run and hide and let mum and dad take care of this stranger. But I couldn't I had Lilly to think about. 

" Yes, boy I think you might want to sit down for this, your Jake right?" He asked and I nodded, I couldn't speak, I was so scared, I knew something had happened.