1.

I walked to Ashton's car that was sitting outside my house; the same small, grey car that blasted out punk music every morning waiting for me to take me to school. Ashton said he was take me to and pick me up from school ever since he came round my house that night 4 years ago.

I approached the car and saw Ashton dancing in his seat while a cigarette moved up and down between his lips.

"Smoking is bad for you ash, how many times do I have to tell you." I say bluntly as I slid into the passenger seat putting my school bag by my feet. I turned to see Ashton take his cigarette from his mouth and putting it away. "You shouldn't be moody" Ashton says before starting the car and speeding off down the road. "And why is that" I say looking out of the window and watching the houses blur due to Ashton's speed. Ashton stops at a red light and spins round and grabs a bag from the backseat. "Because missy, it's you're 18th birthday" he says passing me the bag. My eyes go wide at the fact Ashton remembered, he's remember every year but you know. I take the bag and start to unwrap it as Ashton drives off again. "You shouldn't have Ashton" I say as I look at a bracelet. It was sliver with a little guitar symbol dangling down. I loved it. I smiled as Ashton pulled into the school parking lot. "Thank you so much" I say smiling while unbuckling my bet. Ashton grabs the bracelet and my wrist and attaches the bracelet onto my wrist. "No problem, I'll see you later homie" Ashton giggles. I lean over and kiss his cheek. "Later homie" I giggle back as I get out his car.

"JO" I hear from behind me and I spin round to see Jenny running towards me with her arms open. "HAPPY BIRTHDAY" she yells even though she's in front of me now. I cover my face with my hand in embarrassment. "Shut up. Someone might hear you" I say looking around and lucky nobody was around. I didn't want anybody to know it was my birthday, I didn't want a big fuss.

Jenny gave me a present which I put in my bag and we started walking into school together. School was better now, people had got bored of my rumours and moved on the next victim, sure I still get the old comment here and there but I could handle it. Jenny opened the doors for me and I laughed shaking my head at her, "I'm not the queen" I say as I turn to her as she walks in. "Yeah but you know what day it is" she laughs.

We reach my locker and i unlock it with the code I use for everything I own. Jenny was talking to me when I heard loud laughter coming from the hallway. I turn my head to see Michael, Calum and Luke walking towards us laughing their heads off. Michael catches my eye and I immediately turn away. That was the first time we had looked at each other since the day we argued in the rain. This was because I avoided Michael as much as I could which worked. I moved seats in classes and kept my head down whenever he happened to walk past me. I close my locker and turn to Jenny. "We need to go. Now" I say sternly and Jenny looks at me confused. "Why?" She asks me but then Michael, Calum and Luke walk past us. She nods and grabs my arm pulling me away. She stops and looks over her shoulder and clicks her tongue. "Jackass Michael is looking at you" she tells me but I shake my head. "I better go to class." and with that, I walk away, wondering why Michael was watching me.

I had English first and because I moved before, I now sat at the front by the window. I was only 2 minutes late so the teacher didn't bother questioning me, I walked to my seat and smiled at Tommy who sat behind me and got my books out. Lesson was almost over when the door swings open, everyone jumps and looks over towards the door. Michael comes walking in with a teacher behind him. "Take a seat Clifford" our teacher says and I roll my eyes. Michael had only started being the school's bad boy ever since he was friends with them jerks...not that I noticed.

"Right, we have a project" my teacher suddenly says and I realise I was still staring at the door. I turn my head and face the front. Our teacher was an old, small, fat man that had one of those really annoying voices. "Before you get excited, I have chosen the partners for you" he continues and everyone groans. This meant that I couldn't partner up with Tommy and would probably be stuck with some jackass. Our teacher got out a piece of paper and started reading names, I blanked out until I heard "Tommy and Jessica". I rolled my eyes because Tommy had told me many times how he had a massive crush on Jessica, but she has a boyfriend. I groaned because at least Tommy was with someone he likes. I sat there and waited for my name to be called. My name was the last to be called and I didn't even know who was left to partner me up with. "Joanna and Michael" my teacher says I felt my face drain of colour and I sunk down in my chair.