00:03

"Watch it!" A whir of black tresses hollered, swerving her tangerine bike away from my gangly shadow on the moonlit street.

The woman missed me by a few inches and continued onwards with her questionable journey, as it was two-o-clock in the morning.

"Hello, watch out for the handicapped person you loon!" I yelled, hefting myself towards the sidewalk.

Her bike skidded to a stop and she laid a boot-clad foot flat on the ground.

She whirled her head around to me and her hair reminded me of a storm - torrential yet beautiful.

Her eyebrows arched into a questionable surprise and she swung her bronzed leg over the worn seat.

"Excuse me?" The woman replied, lazily walking towards my figure on the cracked sidewalk.

I continued to trench along, ignoring the ever growing presence I felt following me.

"I'm talking to you." The woman said in a catty manner.

"What?" I sighed, turning around and rubbing my ever-growing stubble.

"I'm just making sure I heard you right..." She paused, raising a bare finger to her lip and tapping it as if in thought. "You called me a loon?"

I sighed and nodded, and turned around - ready to head towards my cottage and sleep for a century.

"Thank you." She replied, her voice sounding of honest sincerity.

"What?" I whirled my head around to find her figure to be receding by the pump of her legs.

And on this bizarre night, I met someone who would take me on an adventure I had never been on before.