Part Eleven - An Interview, And A Date With Someone Else

"Elbows up" Ken said to the baby kaiju, as have a tiny nod, as you waited a little further back to catch the ball if it doesn't go far enough to dissipate into the metal robot walls, which catch the balls and release them in a small basket near where Ken stood.

You felt your feet sink into the bright green grass, as the baseball pitch stood around you and Ken, who asked "ready?" And then threw the ball to the baby Kaiju. Who held the enormous blue bat. But sadly she missed, hitting her in between her eyes over her soft yellow beak.

"Awh" you muttered, jogging to the big baby as she began to swell up with tears. Her fins drooping as you and Ken moved closer, "no! No, no, no, no! Hey, it's okay. It's okay.." he tried to reassure, as tears began to pour out of the babies eyes. Your heart clenched seeing him smile at the crying baby.

"It happens sometimes.." he said, as you stood a few feet behind him, speaking up as the kaiju sniffled "you just gotta work at it" her tears came to a steady stop as you and Ken took your places again. You backing up further than him as he stood in the centre, "now, keep your eye on the ball" he said to her, making her give a determined little nod in return.

"Ichi, ni, san.. ball!" He called, throwing the ball to her. As the baseball flew through the air, towards the baby, she quickly swung her bat, hitting it. And making it fly right over your head by a long shot.

A few second of silence, none of you guys expecting a hit that successful to come out from the second try, you couldn't help but jump slightly, running to the baby with Ken along side you, "whoa! Yeah!" He called, Mina celebrating close by as well.

As you both ran to the girl, she pointed at herself with her clawed fingers, which you nodded excitedly "good job baby!". Making her smile brightly, "common girl!" Ken called, "we gotta run the bases!" And with that, he lead her a few steps by her large hands to run around the bases, as she giggled and chirped while following Ken as he cheered her on to follow, you watching from the inner part of the pitch.

A warm feeling in your chest panted through you as you watched the three, Mina, the baby and Ken, run around the bases happily. "This isn't so bad.. dang I need to have a baby." The thought made you laugh slightly, this isn't a good time to be doing this kind of activity with the baby while ovulating. Now you want a baby, now you want to cry, this is not it.

Thankfully you didn't cry watching the three celebrate hitting a ball successfully, you joined in only a few moments later as the kaiju happily jumped up and down. But underneath your happiness, you couldn't help the sinking feeling something was to go wrong.

As the baby was set to bed the next night, you watched as Ken looked at her sleeping. Standing next to him, you fixed his blazer and his shirt, wanting him to look somewhat presentable for the interview with Ami. "Mina, we've got plenty of fish and Pon de Rings, right?" He asked the floating robot, who awaited next to you as you backed up. "Yes, Ken. We're all stocked up" she stated as you nodded along to what she had to say.

Plans had changed, you were now going to be going out with someone the same time as Ken was with the interview. Leaving Mina to babysit, which was going to be the first time she was to be fully unattended without a human parent.

You wore a nice black dress either an open back part, your black heels and gold jewellery. Some make up painted your face nicely, as you planned to go out with someone who's been hitting you up for the past how many years. Ever since you came to Korea a few years back, he was visiting and you happened to jump into him while working for a client.

Your heels clicked slightly as you and Ken backed up to the elevator, "Now, if she wakes up, put her shoe on. Let her dance her little heart out to that stupid song. And if there's any trouble, you ping me and y/n on this" he pointed to the watch you both wore, "got it?" He asked the robot.

You and Mina both could notice how he was worried about the situation, even if he wasn't showing it, "Ken. She's never been safer. Have a good time you, you two" she said, you nodding as a buzz came from your phone that sat in your purse.

Everyone glanced as you pulled out your phone, noticing the familiar name on the screen, Tadashi (Yes I did, he's hot too.). Even though you didn't notice, but Mina did, Ken had a small frown flash across his face.

"I gotta go, he's waiting for me at the dock" you muttered as Ken and Mina nodded. The plan was for Ken to drop you off and then attend his interview at Tonkatsu Tonki. Which was further into Tokyo, than you were going to be, which was a restaurant located on top of one of the skyscrapers.

"We'll go now Mina, remember, anything, anything at all you can buz us and we'll head on over" you reassured, Mina giving a small nod as you and Ken walked into the elevator. There was a small second of silence before Ken picked up, "so a date huh?"

You nodded, "I've known him for a while, but it never really went anywhere, so this will be interesting" you placed your phone back in your black purse as the door opened letting you both out into the main area, walking to the front door. "why would you want to- no.. that sounded wrong, I mean, is there any reason why you would want to go on a date, you've never really shown any interest in the idea?" Ken asked, moving to his motorbike, which had two helmets located off to the side, only when you rarely joined.

"I'm not sure, I think after taking care of the kaiju baby. I dunno, I think I started wanting a baby of my own? A family of sorts, because she's not going to be here forever" you explained, putting on the helmet, careful not to mess up your hair.

Since the helmet was on Ken's head, you didn't notice the growing disappointed frown on his face. "If you wanted a baby I could've made you a baby.. a family, if that's what you wanted. Fuck Ken you've missed your shot haven't you.." his inner dialogue making him even more internally anxious.