Chapter 1

Copyright © 2013 by A.L .Nkobi. All rights Reserved.

-----------------

Chapter 1

Please don't judge me and I won't judge you. Why is this song in my head? Right, because I am actually doing this.

Well I don't have any choice; there is nothing else I can do. I tell myself this as I walk into the dark streets. Grasping my coat closer to me as the wind hits my almost naked flesh.

The coat is big enough to hide the fact that underneath it I'm barely wearing any clothes.

I'm already feeling the beginnings of hypothermia. My feet are frozen under the high black stiletto boots I've been forced to wear. My exposed legs are shaking as I swiftly walk down the streets.

I don't need to check my arms to know that they are full of goosebumps. My spine is so tensed with amount shivers I've had, I'm surprised I haven't turned into an ice sculpture.

I continue to walk slowly down the sloppy road.

Where did that woman say the place is again? I ask myself as I check the street name.

Ah just a few blocks left. It's midnight and the streets are so quiet, eerily quiet.

Only the sound of my boots crunching against the granite ground can be heard. I can faintly hear the sound of barking dogs as I get closer to the buildings and this results in another shiver running through my body. I clutch myself tighter.

My heart rate speeds up as I get closer to the corner of the building.

She was right, I think.

Just around the corner there are few women in lingerie, bras, corsets and miniskirts standing and waiting.

So swallowing what pride I have left, I move closer to them wishing and praying that I am discreet.

I stand to the far end, putting a distance from them. As the wind blows, my nose is met with the penetrating smell coming near the dumpster where we are standing next to. The stench is mixed with the smell of smoke and a faint tint of cheap perfume.

I wrinkle my noise in disgust but I tell myself to get used to it for I will be coming to this place often.

So clutching myself closer, I look to the women next to me.

Trashy is an understatement.

How can they not be cold with what they were wearing? My brain wonders.

The woman closer to me has a cigarette on her mouth while she clutches her make-up compact in which she drabs herself with lipstick. I hear her curse as she accidently drop her cigarette from her mouth.

"Monica! You have any more," Her accent is off as she screams to the woman next to her.

The other woman, Monica, is dark skinned and has more curves than a circle. She frowns at her as she searches her bag while the one who shouted at her searches frantically through her purse.

"No sorry Sav, mines are finished," Monica tells her.

"Oh Cake shìt!" Sav curses.

I bite my lip to hide my laugh but I don't succeed as a small snicker escapes from my mouth.

"You think it's funny!?" I hear the menace on her voice and before I know it, Sav is right in front of my face with Monica.

She gives me a disgustingly scowl before she assesses me.