Chapter 4

Disclaimer: I own nothing except OC's

Morning had come and Katharine's head was feeling much better, a little sore and she had a bit of a headache but she had a feeling her headache was nothing compared to Evy and Jonathan's.

Katharine was quietly giggling as she watched Evy stumble around with her head in her hands telling Jonathan that was the last time that he ever convinced her to drink.

"Eve's you kept drinking long after Johnny boy passed out". Katharine playfully shouted at her sister.

"Could you be any quieter Katharine"? Evy begged.

"NOT REALLY". Katharine shouted just a bit louder much to Evy's annoyance. Evy walked away from her sister while Katharine, Rick and Jonathan chuckled behind her although Jonathan was wincing as well.

"Here". Katharine said pitying her little sister and handed Evy her bottle.

"What is it"? Evy asked as she looked at the bottle wearily.

"Its water it helps". Katharine answered as Jonathan took a sip of water from his bottle.

"Alright, let's go open that sarcophagus". Evy said after she finished having a drink.

~*Break*~

"Oh I've dreamt about this ever since I was a little girl". Evy said in excitement as Jonathan and Rick stood the coffin up against the wall.

"You dream about dead guys". Rick said as he looked at Evy quizzically.

"It suddenly all makes sense". Katharine said in fake wonder while she watched Evy, who was ignoring the both of them.

"Oh look the sacred spells have been chiselled off". Evy said as she looked at Katharine.

"He wasn't just condemned in this life but the next one as well". Katharine said when Rick looked confused.

"Tough Break".

"Yeah I'm all tears. Now let's see who's inside shall we"? Jonathan said as he used the key to open the coffin. It was silent as everyone waited anxiously for Jonathan to open the coffin.

Rick and Jonathan pried the lid open.

Only for the Mummy to jump out at them.

All four gave a scream as they jumped back in fright. Katharine, Jonathan and Rick started chuckling quietly while Evy huffed.

"I hate it when these things do that"

"Is he supposed to look like that"? Rick asked quietly.

"Nah ah. I've never seen a Mummy still looking so, so ..." Katharine couldn't find the right word for it.

"Juicy". But apparently the boys could.

"He must be over 3,000 years old and he looks as if he's still ... decomposing". Evy gasped in astonishment. Rick looked over at the coffins lid only to see marks in it.

"Hey Kat. What do you make of this"? Rick asked as he made his way over to the lid quickly followed quickly by the other three.

Katharine ran her fingers over the lines before she gasped.

"These marks were made with fingernails. This man was buried alive". Katharine said as she looked over the lid more not noticing the other three look up at the Mummy.

"And he left a message. "Death is only the beginning". Katharine said as her fingers ran over the words.

~*Break*~