• 004

"Oh, have you two met already?" Dad questioned as he slid into a seat, cleverly leaving the two seats to the right of Blaine open.

"Blaine! Hello!" Claire said chipperly, sliding into the seat beside Dad. Oh, they think they're clever, don't they? Seeing as I had no choice, I walked over there and slowly slid into the seat beside my...boyfriend? No, we hadn't made anything official yet, right? We were just friends.

When we had walked in, Blaine had had an expression of utter shock that likely mirrored my own countenance. However, it had long since been replaced by his trademark cocky smirk.

"Ah, what are you doing here?" I asked, although it was pretty obvious. Blaine raised an eyebrow, as if to say 'really?'. "My parents are looking to merge their club with Night. I'm assuming that would be your father's club?" he asked rhetorically.

"Yeah...never thought I'd see you here," I muttered. Crap, this would be complicated, especially if he knew the type of business the clubs dealt in. The last thing I needed was another person trying to push me into the lifestyle. Claire tried on a constant basis, although Dad had given up a long time ago.

"You're aware of the lifestyle?" Blaine asked hesitantly, and I blanched. Oh crap, things just weren't going my way tonight. I snuck a glance over to the rest of the table. Dad was talking to Mr. and Mrs. Springer animatedly. Good for them, they got along, hoozah, now save me!

Thankfully Claire caught the panicked look on my face and leaned over, completely invading my personal space. But seeing as she was saving me from such an awkward conversation, I'd forgive it.

"We know about it, but Carissa refuses to participate, which is horrible, because she's practically every Dom's dream! I mean I would like to think that I am too, but they always say that my defining fault is that I'm too mouthy. I mean, I can't help it but like to talk!" Claire probably would've said more, but Blaine interrupted.

"Quiet," he ordered, his voice taking on a deeper, huskier, and, dare I say it, more dominant quality. The command sent shivers down my spine and shut Claire up immediately, my twin staring at Blaine with wide eyes.

He chuckled slightly. "You really do have a talking problem. Don't ramble around me," he said, letting his voice relax some more as he leaned back in his seat. He then glanced over at me. Damn! I thought that Claire could keep him distracted, but she seemed to still be speechless from his command.

"Y-You're a Dom then, I take it?" I asked, trying to keep my voice from shaking. I hate to admit it, but when he got all dominant like that, it was hot.

"Of course," Blaine said matter-of-factly, as if we should have assumed that from the very start. "So Carissa, why are you not interested in the lifestyle?"

Once more, I glanced over at Claire to beg for her to save me. She seemed to have snapped out of her trance, but one glance from Blaine had her mouth shut.

"Well?" Blaine goaded as I remained silent for a few more seconds.

"I--"

Thankfully, I was cut off from answering as Mrs. Springer called over to us. "Are you ready to order?" she asked, her finger hovering over the button to summon the waiter.

I quickly flipped open my menu. Crap. Blaine reached over and grabbed our menus, offering a charming smile towards his mom. "Yeah, Carissa and Claire are going to try some of my favorites," he said. His mom nodded and pressed the button while I glared over at him.

"I'm perfectly capable of ordering for myself," I said crossly. "I'm perfectly aware of that," he said with a pleasant, teasing smile. Arrogant bastard. "But please, I've been here plenty of times, so accept my suggestions," Blaine continued as the waitress walked in.