PAINTING WITH SILVER #10

YOUR POV

I close the front door behind me. I look out into the forest. The sky is a light grey and it's sprinkling rain. The air is brisk and cold. I love it all. No sun. No heat. I look up ahead about fifty feet and see a note attached to a tree. I walked to it and it reads "look up darling..." I looked up and saw Jeff grinning like an idiot. I smiled back. He had to have been 100 feet up in the huge redwood. He scaled down the tree and was quickly standing beside me. He crouched down and and told me to hop on. I gave a little jump and I locked my ankles together in the front of his body. He began to climb. I started to feel nauseous. I hate heights.
"Jeff I'm scared," we were up about 60 feet, "no higher!"
"Just trust me babe." I prayed to whatever higher power may be out there. Please don't let his worse half take over... Please no. Not now...

JEFF'S POV

We were up roughly 80 feet. We're close to where I want to be. I pulled myself up on final branch and we were there.

YOUR POV

I looked to see a hammock suspended between two high branches. He backed up to the hammock and sat. I gripped to his body for dear life.
"Jeff don't let me fall!" My fingers were shaky as I grabbed onto his collar.
"You'll never fall when you're with me." I let out a shaky breath in a feeble attempt to calm myself. I looked down through the mesh fabric and my chin shivered and my stomach lurched. I closed my eyes tight and he hugged me.
"Eventually your nightmares will become your freedoms." I looked up at him and his eyes were much more beautiful than I had last remembered. He took my wrist in his.
"Amber. Do you love me?"
"I love you Jeff. So much. You've saved me from my past and from my mom. You don't let anyone lay a hand on me." He kissed my wrist.
"Would you have the desire to commit to me?" I gave a little smile.
"I would love nothing more than than to give you my everything. Although, when your worst side comes out, your not my Jeff. It scares me that one day I'll make a mistake and you'll take my life." He sighed, knowing it was true. His face was remorseful.
"It scares me too Amber. I love you so much and it seems like my better side gets stronger the more I'm with you," he took my hand, "you're saving me..." He leaned into me and put his forehead on mine and closed his eyes. I breathed in his scent. He smelled of coppery blood and sweet musk. The blood of his smile. I thought a while. I pulled my cheeks into a smile. I pulled my head from his and looked into his eyes.
"Yes Jeff. I want to be yours forever. Under one condition. Make my nightmares become my freedoms." I listened closely to the silence around us. He gave a breathy laugh and grinned.
"Forever darling. Forever."