Chapter 8

Lucy fell on her bed, thinking about what happened that day. Natsu pushed me down, and my heart was beating like crazy. It beats really fast when he is near and when I think about him. I think I'm sick...

She laid down on her bed. She grabbed her phone. Sunday, 11:45 pm. Tomorrow was a school day.

"Crap," she said out loud. She put on her pajamas and brushed her teeth. She laid down and puller her covers over her body. "Natsu..."

BEEP BEEP!

"Ughhh..." Lucy groaned. She got up and put on her uniform. She got on her bike and rode to school.

For the most of the day, Lucy was looking out of her classroom windows. She was not feeling well. When it was lunch break, she went to the school roof and sat down. The breeze ruffled her hair.

"Hey," a voice said.

She jumped and squealed.

"Oh, it's you, Natsu..." She sighed in relief.

"What are you doing out here?" Natsu asked.

"Just thinking."

"About what?"

"I think I'm sick."

Natsu walked over to Lucy and pushed her bangs out of the way. He put his palm and her forehead. Just warm, but not hot. Lucy blushed.

"You don't have a fever," Natsu replied.

"I know. It's just that... I feel like my heart goes super fast when a certain person is around. I feel like hugging them, and my face heats up. What is this?" Lucy asked.

Natsu's eyes widened. Then he smiled a sad smile. "That's love, Lucy. What you're feeling is love."

Lucy laughed. "Seriously? Wow."

"Hey hey. Lucy. Let me tell you a joke. What did the vegetables say after getting locked in a prison?"

"What?"

"Lettuce out!" Natsu yelled.

Lucy giggled. Then she realized. She realized the person she was in love with.

"Natsu." She said firmly.

Natsu turned his head to face Lucy. There was a mild blush on her face.

"Yes?"

"I love you,"

Natsu's eyes widened. "W-What?"

"I love you, Natsu Dragneel." Lucy said once more.

He felt immensely happy. He just didn't know how to react. He blushed lightly. Then he walked towards her, grabbed her hands, and kissed her gently on the lips. Lucy blushed harder.

When Natsu pulled away, he smiled, "I love you, too."