Chapter 17

Jen

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I grab my phone and read the message I had just gotten. "Miss you already. :)" it said. Niall. He was the most amazing person in the world. I sighed and leaned back in the seat. Maddy just drives in silence. We pulled up to my house, and Maddy kept the car on. "I feel like I'm gonna wake up from this dream any moment now, but it's not a dream." Maddy tells me quietly. All of a sudden my dad burst through the front door. "Oh crap!" I said out loud. Maddy just looked shyly at my dad and waved.

"Jennifer! Out of the car! NOW!" he screams at me through the window. I lean over and hug Maddy. "Thanks for going to the concert with me." I say. "Text me later." I step out of the car, and go to confront my father. "Dad..." he cuts me off with his hand, and pushes me towards the door. We get inside and I sit down on the stairs, waiting for the lecture I'm about to get. "Do you know how worried I was?!" he demands. "Dad..." I sigh.

"No stop it! You are seventeen years old, and I let you go to a concert by yourself, because you assured me you would be okay! Was it Maddy?! Did she keep you out?! And not let you tell me?!" he says. "Dad it wasn't Maddy! Something happened last night, and we just stayed in a hotel. I'm safe, I'm alive. Can you just stop screaming at me?!" I snap at him."No I will not stop screaming at you! And a hotel?! How did you pay for that young lady?!" he questions. I just stare at the ground and blush.

Dad had gotten really protective after mom had left him four years ago. "We stayed with some friends." I say quietly. "Friends?! Was it that Caleb boy?! Cause if I found out you were with him, I will ground you for the rest of your life!" he screams. I stand up, ready to walk away, but he pulls me and looks in my eyes. "Who were you with?!" he demands. I break the eye contact and mumble, "One Direction." he looks at me closely. "I can't hear you if your mumbling!" he snaps. "One Direction!" I yell in his face.

He instantly turns red. "You mean to tell me that you spent the night with five teenage guys?!" my dad yells. I instantly regret saying it. "Which hotel?!" he demands. I just sigh and shake my head. "You better tell me Jen!" he says. I don't know why he has planned, but I finally give in to his yelling.

"The James Largo Hotel..." I say to him.