Temporary Retreat

Chestnut brown hair reaching just below the chin, black leather jacket draped over the shoulder, pastel-colored dress, a hand reaching to touch a handsome face, and black leather boots.

"Stop."

Althea rolled her eyes.

What is it this time Ms.-I'm-an-expert-in-modeling, Jade Tanchingco?

The photographer straightened out for the umpteenth time and turned her attention to the displeased executive who was making her way towards the modelling couple, Althea and Ed.

"You are too uncomfortable Althea and that would not translate well in the teaser photos. We are not exactly asking you to seduce Ed. Not deliberately anyway. I just want to see you showcasing the beauty and allure that you already posses and being comfortable with it."

Jade signalled the photographer to continue as she took a few steps back.

But Althea made no move to continue the shoot.

She was now beyond pissed and she would not be able to work like this.

Signaling the photographer to stop taking pictures, Althea walked towards Jade with clenched jaws.

"We need to talk."

And she marched towards one of the meeting rooms.

Jade, curious and not wanting to start a scene, followed the model.

------------------------------------------------

Althea fought the urge to bang the doors of the meeting room.

How dare her make this personal!

Seconds after, Jade with a raised eyebrow, entered the room where Althea was pacing.

"What is your problem?"

She was answered by a scoff.

"My problem?! I should be the one asking you that! You are impeding the photoshoot because of what? Your temper? Do your work well so you won't be given any advice about it!"

Althea slammed her hands on the table.

"My temper? It's this criticizing-Althea's-every-single-move charade you're playing that's pissing me off!"

"I will not criticize your every move if you will just do your work properly! Your actions may not shout uneasiness but your eyes do! What is wrong with Ed Westwick? Is he too hot for you to handle? Or is your sexual preference hindering the excellent performance that this project is asking of you?"

"My sexual preference? This is unbelievable! That has nothing to do with this! Don't you underestimate me, you pickle-minded bourgeois! You want to see what I'm made of? Fine! I'll show you how good I am!"

And Althea angrily marched out of the room.

"Don't turn your back on me Ms. Guevarra!"

Jade closed her eyes as she massaged her temples.

This is giving me headaches.

------------------------------------------------

"Excellent"

Jade looked contented as she goes over the output of the photoshoot of the day. She was never one who showers compliments but if a work reaches her expectations, she gives it the praise it deserves. Why not? An excellent work is an excellent work, no matter who did it.

The first batch of the teaser pictures is ready and they could now proceed with the final batch in the next few days. They are right on schedule and Jade is more than pleased.

"Outstanding job everyone! Time to pack up!"

And with that signal from the head of the team, everyone's face projected relief. Like ants given an order, they all hurriedly started packing up before their workaholic boss changes her mind.

Wila, the project's official photographer, was still chatting with Althea when Jade sauntered towards them. Althea did not want to acknowledge the executive's presence but she was forced to when the latter spoke.

"Let's go Althea. Bye, Wila. Congratulations with the job well done."

The rockstar could not believe her ears.

"What do you mean, let's go Althea?"

Althea's indignant reply stopped Jade on her tracks and made her turn around.

"Like what it means. Let's go."

Althea stepped forward as anger once again creeps into her aura.

"You're..."

She scoffed.

"This is too much! What am I? Your prisoner? Do you really have to be the one taking me home?"

Everyone stopped what they are doing. It was the first time they heard anyone challenging the young Tanchingco. They just hope it'll end well. They have all taken a liking at Althea.

"I already dismissed Romel so if you don't want to take the public transportation and be mobbed..."

Jade posed for a second to give Wila, who was about to offer something, a subtle don't-you-dare look.

"...I suggest you go with me."

Althea gritted her teeth as the staring contest started. No one wanted to back down. Jade was sure of victory yet Althea was still unwilling to accept her defeat. Jade has insulted her far too many times already and she can't just let this one pass. The model was about to retort when a flash of memory smothered her anger. Her visit here was not only for vacation but for an important matter. She could not jeopardize that matter by proclaiming to her fans where she is. She can't take that risk.

She just can't.

Having no other choice, Althea swallowed her pride and unwillingly averted her eyes as her hands balled up into fists.

She's going to back down just this once.

Just this once.

Jade smirked.

One point.

She turned around and still with that triumphant smile, walked towards the elevator.

Althea was just a few feet behind her.

Althea Guevarra two points, Jade Tanchingco one point.