The Reason for it All

Sally couldn't help but sigh. She was preparing the venue for the emergency meeting and checking up on the materials that Jade would use. She glanced at the sample photos and the schedule before letting out another sigh. They were right on schedule but every day wasn't as rewarding as their previous projects were. And that's saying a lot considering the fact she's been with Jade from day one. This particular project was fabulous yet extremely stressful. The aura would always be suffocating and nerve-wracking. It was like everyone's treading cautiously for fear of a volcanic eruption or in their case, another war of words between Althea and Jade.

Just like today.

The outcome of the day was fabulous, but the journey wasn't. It wasn't pretty at all. It should have started with a really pleasant Jade who was just able to once again enjoy her guilty pleasure. But everything went downhill once Althea arrived! She had even barely stopped another World War III! Again! And although she managed to separate the two and distract them, the shoot still did not go as great as expected. You could downright see in Althea's eyes that she was still beyond pissed while Jade was simply categorizing it as incompetence. Words were thrown here and there and they even had to reshoot the first few shots because of Althea's eyes. What a disaster! Everywhere she goes, as long as any of the two were not present, she could hear them talking about how thick the aura always is. Everyone's uneasy because of the two.

Sally glanced at Jade who was busy talking to someone outside the glass door.

She really has to talk to Jade about it.

----------------------------------------------------------------

One by one, the crew, the staff, and every member of the team arrived 30 minutes before the designated time. Everyone's nervous. The executive rarely goes out of schedule and once she does, it's usually bad news.

Sally just watched in the sidelines as everything unfolds. She has known what the meeting's all about and she's afraid it would only aggravate the current situation.

Jade went straight to the point right after the opening of the meeting.

Ed Westwick would go back to London earlier than scheduled and all the rest of the individual shots of Mr. Westwick shall be conducted in London. Because of this, the local team would have to work double time in order for the executive to be able to fly to London before the scheduled shooting of the international team there ends.

Sally looked around and marvelled at how the team effectively hides their disgruntled grunts. This means more work, longer project time and less time for personal matters. They have to beat their own schedule.

----------------------------------------------------------------

The whole team already left but Jade was still busy going through some papers. Seeing this as an opportunity, Sally approached Jade.

"Ms. Jade, do you have a minute?"

"What is it about, Sally?"

Jade was still busy flipping through some pages of the document. Sally glanced at her and took a deep breath. It's now or never. Besides, it's for the success of the project.

"You told me before that if I have any observation, especially bad ones, I should tell you right away so that you could do something about it."

"Uhuh."

Jade now stopped flipping and straightened out to look at her loyal assistant.

"The constant bicker between you and Althea is hindering the fast progress of the shoots. It's also making the whole team uneasy. And Althea ends up angry instead of seductive. This affects her projection and it honestly makes your mood a lot more temperamental."

Jade leaned back on her chair and thought it through.

"Is that really so?"

Sally gave her an apologetic smile.

"I'm afraid it is."

Jade could not deny the fact that what her assistant's saying is true. She's always been honest with her and she only wants what's best for the company.

"Then I'd do something about it. Thanks Sally."

That night, Jade decided to go to Althea's condo to talk to her.