Prologue

Home sighed as he sat at his desk, working on his paperwork with one hand while the other was propped up to serve as a headrest. He often dissociated as he worked on these things, blocking them out as they were usually the same, over and over again. New shipment, new shipment, new contract, shipment delay, newly signed property deed, new formulas from Frank-

Wait a second-

Home's back straightened as he returned to the previous document, the one out of the ordinary that had caught his eye. He examined it closely, eyes narrowing. Slowly, his lips began to quirk up in what soon became a sinister smile. Someone new had recently bought property in his town and would be moving in soon. How perfect. He could always use more people in Manzana de Oro. And those who moved to Home Town didn't often move alone... They were usually with family. Which meant bargaining chips.

Home looked down at the name. FN, hm? Perhaps a father or a brother? Father would be ideal, especially with a daughter. Many fathers of the Hispanic cultures would do anything to keep their precious little girls safe. Many fathers in general actually, from what he knew. Good ones, at least. A few well worded threats and the man would be on Home's permanent puppet strings. And if it wasn't a father, Home was resourceful. He'd done this many times before. He knew exactly how to rope just about anyone in.

After all, he only had to do it once. Because once their name was signed upon that dotted line...

They belonged to him.

He looked out his window, watching the sun slowly dip below the horizon. His eyes glittered in the light, somehow only adding to his malicious expression. Another day had passed. Soon, the man would arrive. And soon, he'd belong to Manzana de Oro.