✧39. Marked For Vengeance✧

Yoongi hesitated, looking at Jin's face

Could be really do this?

Could he put his pride aside and try to coax Jin by acting cute?

Will it work?

It felt ridiculous, but he was running out of options.

He stood there with his racing mind. The idea of resorting to cute antics like Taehyung has suggested was out of the question. He couldn't bring himself to do those kitten motions-- acting cute was just not his style. But as he looked at Jin's concerned expression, a thought crossed his mind.

May be he could soften his voice, try to plead with him. It wasn't about acting cute, it was about being sincere to the request, and about appealing to Jin's softer side. He inhaled softly and spoke, his voice unusually gentle.

"Seokjin," he began, his tone quiet but softest, "I understand your concern. I really do... But... But this is my responsibility. I need to handle it myself. Just trust me in this."

Jin looked him for a moment, his expression softening slightly. He knew Yoongi well enough to recognise when he was being sincere. Yet, the worry in Jin's face didn't fade.

"Yoongi," he started out softly, "last time, it was dangerous. I can't risk something like that happening again. I need to ensureyour safety no matter what."

Yoongi sighed, knowing Jin's protective nature all too well. He couldn't fault Jin for caring, but he also couldn't back down. He was going to his own mansion, after all.

"I know..." he pleaded. "I just- I promise I will be careful. I won't take any unnecessary risks. But I need to go. It's important."

Jin hesitated as he sighed, looking away from Yoongi's pleading eyes. Silence filled the room for a moment, with Jin being thoughtful and Yoongi waiting for his response. Finally, Jin nodded slowly. "Okay," he murmured, "but promise me. Promise me you'll be cautious."

Yoongi nodded quickly. "I promise," he affirmed, kind of relieved that Jin had finally accepted.

Jin sighed. "Alright," he said, "but I want updates. Keep me informed of everything."

"I will," Yoongi assured him.

With a nod from Jin, Yoongi turned to leave the office. He knew what he had to do now, and he was prepared to face whatever awaited him at his mansion, especially the note was left out for him.

As he walked, Taehyung was waiting in the cafeteria curiously. "Did you convince him?"

Yoongi nodded. "Yeah," he replied, "thanks to your advice."

Taehyung grinned. "See, hyung? Acting cute isn't so bad after all."

But Yoongi shook his head. "Let's not call it that," he said.