「13」Gyrosphere

13 | GYROSPHERE

     "HEY THERE! I'm Jimmy Fallon and welcome aboard the gyrosphere. The amazing machine made possible by science." the voice of Jimmy Fallon from a video playing on a tablet within the sphere says. Liana tries to ignore it, having seen it multiple times.

     She shifts a bit in her seat as Zach and Gray lean over to see the video. When they had gotten their three-seater gyrosphere, Liana agreed to sit in the middle since she'd been on the attraction so many times.

     "Where are they?" Gray questions looking out the gyrosphere.

     "Oh man." Zach exhales. Gray and I turn our attention towards the front of the gyrosphere. They gaze in awe as triceratops, apatosaurs, ankylosaurs and many more dinosaurs roam the plains in front of them. Even though Liana sees these dinosaurs everyday, the beauty of the prehistoric animals never fails to amuse her.

     "Due to technical difficulties all exhibits are now closed. Please disembark all rides and return to the resort." a robotic female voice speaks from the tablet.

     The smile from Gray's face falls and Zach looks at him sympathetically. Before Liana can say anything, Zach beats her to it and says, "We can stay for a couple more minutes."

     Though it isn't a good idea, she doesn't say anything. Their Aunt bailed on them and now they can't ride the gyrosphere. A few minutes won't kill anybody.

     "Aunt Claire gave us special wristbands, right? We're VIP dude!" Zach smiles. "Come on, we're going to be fine."

     Gray smiles as Zach maneuvers the sphere farther down the valley. As they move down, the loud vibrations of Zach and Liana's phones fill the gyrosphere. The two exchange quick glances before pulling out their devices.

     Liana reads over the contact name; Dadio. Hesitating to answer, she presses accept anyways and places the phone against her ear. "Hey, Dad."

     "Liana where are y..." Owen quickly gets cut off as the call goes static.

     "Dad? I can't hear you. I'm in the gyrosphere." Liana mentions, as he muffles something she can't understand.

     "Dad?" the line falls static once more, and the girl decides to end the call. As the screen changes, Liana looks down and sees she has eleven missed calls from her dad earlier today.

     "Do you think it was important?" Zach questions.

     "Probably." Liana answers. They think no more of it, and Zach continues to drive the gyrosphere towards a busted up restricted area.

     "Guys...off road." Zach says with a smirk.

     "No. We're not going off road. It's too dangerous. We've gone far enough." Liana retorts, reaching for the gyrosphere controller.

     "No we haven't. And look, there's no Restricted Area sign." Zach states while swatting her hand away.

     "Look," Liana mumbles while grabbing his face and turning his head towards a giant Restricted Area sign dangling against the broken fence.

     "A few minutes?" he asks.

     "Please, Liana." Gray begs. She sighs as Zach and Gray stare at her with big eyes.

     "Fine. But it's a terrible idea."