.six

» brooklyn;

it was now monday and time to go back to school again. shawn stayed all day on saturday and we facetimed all day yesterday. he's the only reason i was actually excited to go today. i wanted to see him.

i got up and did my morning routine once again, and picked out an outfit. i went with a gray hoodie and light-washed jeans, along with my white high-top converse. it was a monday so i just threw my hair up into a messy bun.

after i got ready, i went downstairs and got breakfast. i was eating when my mom asked me something that caught my attention.

"are you and shawn dating?"

"what? no. we're just friends. and i don't really expect us to become anything more."

"well i know you don't really trust anyone and didn't expect to meet someone like him, but maybe you should think about it. i see the way he looks at you. that's the same way your father used to look at me. give him a chance, brooke. you never know what could happen. now, i'm going to be late for work if i don't leave now, see you later, love you."

i sat there thinking about what she said. there are things i haven't told shawn yet and i feel if i do then he won't like me anymore - if he even does. he'll think i'm weird and insecure and there's a possibility he will leave. i sigh while i start walking out the front door. shawn texted me, asking if i wanted a ride, but i told him i'd walk because i needed to get some things off of my mind.

when i get to school i see shawn already waiting for me at my locker. when i get to him he engulfs me into a hug and i can't help but smile.

"hello beautiful," he says with a cheeky grin.

"hi shawn," i say giggling.

"so we're going to hang out again later."

"oh we are?" i question.

"yes, you're coming over my house this time!" he says getting excited.

i just laugh and nod my head, agreeing with his plan, and grab my books, heading to class.

_________________________

after the bell rings, i text my mom, letting her know that i was going to shawn's house. i looked up and saw shawn waiting for me. we just smiled at each other as we walked and got into his jeep. after a few minutes, he decided to make conversation.

"so is it alright if you meet my mom and sister tonight? i would say my dad too, but he's been busy at work," he asked, scratching the back of his neck.

"oh um yeah.." i said softly.

"you don't seem so excited about that, i'm sorry.."

"no, it's not that. i guess i'm just nervous to meet your family," i said with a little chuckle.

"what no, don't be nervous. they'll love you," he said, trying to reassure me, as he pulled into a driveway that lead to his house, and parked.

"i know it's probably weird that i'm nervous and we aren't even dating or anything, but i just get nervous around new people and -"

i was cut off by shawn putting his hand over my mouth telling me to calm down.

"brooke, calm down, they're going to love you."

"shawn i don't know, what if they don't?"

"don't worry, they will."

and as we got out of the car and walked to his house i heard him mumble something that i probably wasn't supposed to hear.

"they will fall in love with you just like i did."

_________________________

a/n:
thank you guys so much for staying with me for this story, it's so crazy for me when i see that my story is added to people's reading lists and it's not even that good. i honestly had no intentions of this book getting anywhere so thank you guys so much ❤️