.ten

» shawn;

i park in front of the restaurant and open the door for brooklyn, as it is the gentleman thing to do. i always try to be a gentleman to her because she deserves to have someone that treats her right.

"hi, reservation for mendes," i say to the waitress as she greets us at the front door.

i intertwined our hands as we walked to the table, following the waitress, hoping brooklyn wouldn't feel weird with me doing so.

we order our food and just talk while we wait. i really love talking to her because while she talks, i just get to look at her and try to embrace her beauty.

we finish our dinner and i pay, of course. while we're walking outside towards my jeep, i decide to bring something up, because well, at the time it seemed like a good idea.

i decide to ask her if she has ever dated anyone and her reply is no, which surprises me because of how amazing she is. i've had a lot i've been wanting to say to her lately and i figured its now or never.

i take a step closer to her and take a deep breath.

"do you realize how beautiful you are? brooklyn, you're the most amazing girl i have ever met. ever since i met you, i've been the happiest guy alive. the way you smile at me, the way you giggle when i say something funny - or atleast try to say something funny, the way you cover your mouth when you laugh because you hate it, the way you hug me, the way you feel you could tell me anything - i love every single bit of it. i'm not good with expressing my feelings, but i do know something, brooklyn. and that is that i'm so in love with you. i knew as soon as i saw you in that one class and you were alone, i looked into your eyes and saw hurt, you needed to be fixed and i want to be the one to fix you. i want to be the one that holds you at night when you had a bad day and want to cry, the one that beats up any guy who tries to hurt you or touch you, the one who is always there for you no matter what, the one who catches you when you fall, even the one to come over at 3 a.m because you can't sleep. i guess what i'm trying to say is, will you be my girlfriend?"

it took a moment before she nodded at me, making me feel ecstatic.

i place my index finger under her chin, so she's looking at me, and lean in to kiss her. when i feel warm lips on mine, i begin to have a feeling i've never had before; the feeling being indescribable. it was like everything made sense for a moment and the world stopped. it just felt so right.

we pull away with huge grins on our faces.

"you really don't know how long i've wanted to do that."

_________________________

a/n:
this sucked lol sorry guys i was kinda running out of ideas and i figured it would've been cool to have it in shawn's pov and see how he was feeling about certain stuff. it's hard because i haven't been writing for a while so bear with me please :( but i really appreciate all of the feedback and voting so thank you guys, i love you all ❤️