Chapter 1 ~ Once Upon A Time

The Eyes We Seek: Fairytales Rewritten

Name: Casey DeAngelo IIIAge: 18 years oldRole: King Religion: Christian Ancestor: Beauty and the Beast

Age: 18 years old
Role: King
Religion: Christian
Ancestor: Beauty and the Beast

***

"Why would you do this, Casey?"

"This must happen. We all have a role to play and if you can't see that then you might just need to step aside."

"Wow. I thought you were different, Casey. I thought you wanted to be the change in this world but to no surprise, you're just like the rest of them."

"Oh my gosh!" I said as I woke from my sleep. Looking around me, I realized I was back in my room which made me feel safe.

"It was just a bad dream, Casey." I said to myself as I then decided to get off the bed and go get some fresh air. Opening my bedroom door, I walked outside and closed it slowly behind me hoping to not disturb anyone that was sleeping.

Heading downstairs, I noticed that the light was on in my parent's study. Not wanting to bother them, I walked to my needed destination.

Feeling the cool air outside, I felt a sense of peace now that I can just be in my thoughts and not have to deal with those voices.

"Casey, you're doing great. This decision is for the best." I said to myself as my stress levels were still heightened. "If you want a happily ever after, this has to happen. It doesn't matter what anyone thinks, and if they can't follow the order, then they shall be punished." I said as a tear fell down my face.

Feeling chills run through my body, I felt a presence loom over me as I turned and was face to face with my father. "Gosh, you frightened me, father." I said as I brought my hand to my chest.
"Shouldn't you be getting ready to pack. You know you have a big day today." he said as I nodded my head.

"I just needed some fresh air, I had a long week." I said as I watched him glanced at my every move. "Well, this is what a King is supposed to do. A king must lead and defend his kingdom to the right direction."

"I understand, father." I said he shook his head then stepped aside. As I walked up the stairs, I felt that cold chill again but this it was a lot more frightening.

Heading back upstairs to my room, I noticed that chill around my body once again which I knew it was something important, I just didn't know what.

***

News Reporter: We are live here at the crime scene where it was reported by detectives that a bystander witnessed a man and a woman being attacked by what they described to be as a human fish. In betters world, a flesh eating mermaid.