Extra 5

(Former chapter 43)

Kaisen's pov:

"It was Cheko." I said while resting my things on the table. "I thought I dealt with him but now it looks like I just need to kill him or he will keep on messing with our shipments."

"Like we said, let Ivan's Dad deal with it. You just need to be more careful. If you were the shipment wouldn't have been messed with to begin with. I wonder what has been keeping you busy."

"I'm dating, but that is beside the point."

"You are always dating, it never diverts you from your responsibilities." Dad was right, I never sway away from work even when I date and I am always available in my relationships. This time around I am surprised to be like this.

"I think something is different with him, he makes me question myself."

"Why are you saying he?"

"Oh because he is a he." I corrected, he made a 'huh' sound. "Don't ask I don't know either."

"I won't ask. Just keep sight of what's most important, I don't want this family's generation to end with you."

"You sound disappointed." I could hear the voice, was he? I didn't expect him to be.

"I let you do whatever you want Kaisen. I just don't know about this." He stood up with his stick.

"What is that supposed to mean?"

"You're not a child anymore Kaisen." He gave my shoulder a pat before walking out, leaving me wondering what he meant by that. I started there asking myself what just happened. I picked up my car keys again and jacket before leaving the house and driving away.

I had plans with Rhys but now I am mentally disturbed because of my father's words. I texted Rhys telling him to meet me at the top of the mountain, I wanted to look at the sun as it falls with him and get everything off my chest. I parked my car and sat there lost in thought. Lights of another car made me come back to the present.

I jumped out of my car as Rhys got out of his. "Hey." I greeted while leaning onto my car with my arms folded over my chest.

"Hi." He paused and looked at me. "Are you okay?"

"No, not really...my dad- no let's leave it." I wanted to tell him but also felt like I wasn't ready to go into it. Instead, I walked over and hugged him. "I just need a hug."

He hugged me tighter. "I missed you." He kissed my temple.

"Missed you too." I pulled out of the hug and gave his lips a peck before pulling him into my car. He sat in the passenger seat while I sat in the driver seat, my hand in his. I enjoyed his company and it diverted my thoughts from earlier. "I got Minjun to talk." I blurted out then glanced at him. "Like I suspected, it was Cheko."