❖ Two ❖

Zach's POV:

It was the day before we left for Jurassic World and the sun was already up. I wasn't. Nor was I planning to but Grey walked into my room and opened my window, letting the sun's rays blind me.

"What the heck dude?!" I yelled.

"You have to get up. We have a lot of packing to do." he said as he walked out.

I rolled over and groaned, using my pillow to cover my head. I wonder if I can suffocate myself and use that as an excuse to not go to Jurassic World? I was going to fall back to sleep. But one thing managed to keep me awake. And that was the thought of Mari. My ex-bestfriend.

I got up and took a shower, thinking about what happened during dinner. Last night, was the first time her name was brought up in awhile. My parents told me that they had called Mari's parents and told them about the trip to Jurassic World. Aunt Claire invited her.

The problem was that I hadn't talked to her in awhile so it was kind of a surprise hearing her name. Mari was my best friend. Until I made the stupid choice to try and make her jealous. I have liked her since 7th grade but I knew that she didn't feel the same. We hung out everyday and did everything together.

I started to date Mari's best friend Courtney, in order to make Mari jealous. Yes, I was using Courtney. But then I started to get small feelings for her. And after that, things didn't go as planned.

I wasn't sure at first about my feelings toward Courtney. Whether the feelings were real, or just temporary, what Mari had said really pissed me off. To make this long story short, I told Mari to stay away from Courtney and I and to never talk to us again. She did. She has kept her distance since the fight, which I really hated myself for. I never meant to hurt her. Nor did I want to. But thanks to my big äss mouth, I ruined the friendship and my chance to be with her.

I finished taking a shower and put on some black sweatpants and a white t-shirt. I walked down stairs to get some breakfast but to my surprise, Mari and her family were there.

"Good morning! The Whitmore's are here!" my dad said.

"Yeah I see that." I said. I looked at her and she gave me a smile.

Sarah and Nathan weren't there. Only Mari and her parents. I guess they were already with Grey.

"How are you Zach?" said Mari's dad.

"I'm good! How about you sir?" I said as I poured myself a cup of milk.

"I'm great! Thanks for asking! We haven't seen you or your parents in awhile so we decided to drop by." he said.

I smiled, unsure of what to say next. I took a sip from cup and put it down on the table.

"Zach, honey, why don't you and Mari go upstairs? We have to talk with her parents. She can help you pack." said my mom.

"Uh, sure." I said nervously. I gave Mari a look signaling her to come upstairs with me. Things were about to get more awkward and I knew I wasn't ready.

As I walked past Grey's room, I saw Sarah and Nathan there. I was right. We walked a little further until we got to my room, which was at the end of the hallway.

"I haven't even started packing, just so you know." I said as I walked into my room and opened up my closet.

"Oh well I can help you. I've already packed all my things." she said. These were the first words that we have said to each other in months.

I turned around and looked at her. She smiled at me again. I may not know many things but what I did know, was that, that smile was not her real one. She was still hurt, and I couldn't blame her for it. I wanted to apologize so, so bad. But I could see that she wasn't ready and that she still wouldn't be able to forgive me.

As we packed, I decided to use the time to catch up a little. See how she has been doing these past months. She told me all the things she has done. Both of us laughing laughing our heads off most of the time.

Finally we finished packing. It took a while because Mari had to match all of the clothes I was taking. Clothes that didn't go well together  was one of her pet peeves which I thought was weird yet cute. We laid on my bed, staring at the ceiling.

(A/N: in case you are confused, what I mean by "clothes that didn't go well together" like wearing a plaid shirt with polka dot pants. Just and example and seriously one of my pet peeves. It irks me when people do this. Lol)

"Thanks for helping me. I would've never gotten it done without you." I said as I turned.

"No problem. I'm glad I did." She said, looking at me with her bright blue-green eyes. A smile forming on her face. Happiness a wave of butterflies and happiness washed over my body. Even the smallest thing she did, caused me to love her a little more.

"So I heard you and Courtney broke up" she said looking back up at the ceiling. "I'm really sorry."

"Thanks. You were right. She didn't really like me. I was a dumbass to ever think she did." I said. I was a little heart broken. I did use her at some point too, but I did have small feelings for her. Nothing compared to the feelings I had for Mari though.

She turned back to look at me and wrapped her arms around me. Snuggling into the side of my chest. I wrapped my arms around her and pulled her closer, leaving no space between us. She looked up at me. I stared into her eyes, that were filled with kindness and passion. She touched the side of my face and planted a soft kiss on my cheek. I could feel myself blush a little. I was able to recognize her signature scent. Coconuts. Which made her even more irresistible. It was one of the reasons why she was so unforgettable.

I wish this moment could last forever. I thought to myself. We laid there for a while until we heard her parents call her down.

"I have to go." She said softly. I got up from my bed and walked downstairs with her. Her parents were already in the car waiting for her.

"See you tomorrow at the airport." I said. Sad that she had to leave.

She gave me a hug and the pulled away, heading towards the car. She turned and smiled at me, waving. I waved back until I saw her car disappear. Sadness washed over me. I missed her already.
----------------

A/N: Sorry I took forever to update. I had a lot of trouble trying to figure out what to say/write. But I finally did! Thank you for reading and commenting! If you like it, don't forget to vote/comment!