After Strike 1

"JOEY, I SWEAR TO MUFASA, I AM GOING TO MURDER YOU" Candace managed to almost scream in the car as the four went out to get Chinese take out and return to Candace's flat, where they had planned to sleep over in even before the whole Aaron incident. Joey only laughed, "Candy, I'm one of Scar's followers" he says, "I can murder you if you don't go on that date"  

The discussion of Aaron and Candace's past was brought up again as they ate their Chinese while watching the 25th anniversary of Les Misérables upon Joey's request.  

"I just don't get why you guys cut it off two years ago" Liv says, chewing on her pecking duck. 

"Must we reminisce on my horrendous love life?" Candace replies, burying her face in a pillow.  

"YES" they all replied, "I mean, if you tell us" Joey begins, "we might actually deliberate on sending you on that date if your reasons fit our level of legitimacy."  

"Fine" Candace sighed, "hit me up"  

"First date?"

The memories quickly began flooding back into Candace's brain in a masochistic manner-- painful yet it felt somewhat comforting.

(Memory)

"Don't count your chickens before they hatch, Tveit" Candace said positioning herself, ready to bat the ball Aaron was pitching. Nico, Maya's brother had invited them to come watch their practice. Aaron, already leaning towards Candace at that time, Aaron had gotten the help of Maya, Joey and Liv to get Candace to bat a few against him.  

"Come on, Candy" Maya half begged, "it's just 3 pitches."  

"I know how baseball works okay" she says, placing a hand on her hip, "why me though?"  

"Unless you want Joey seducing Aaron...."  

"Don't use this feeling against me" she scoffs, "it's just...a tiny...you know...I just think he's good looking"  

"Which is why you should take the chance to bat against him."  

So she did.  

Had it not been for the fact he was good looking, she would have already passed out on the chance to bat against him. Let alone even go to the practice because she felt appalled by his over confidence. But men with beautiful eyes had always been her Achilles heel--which Aaron fit perfectly in. It was a drug, sneaking a look at those blue eyes every time she could. But looking away when they looked back at her.

"Why not?" He smirked, "I mean, they've already gone out of the barn, haven't they?"  

"Just pitch already" Joey said, "god, the sexual tension between you two are killing me"  

They both let go of their positions for a while and looked at Joey, "what?" They said in unison.  

Joey's eyes went wide, "um, nothing?"  

"That's what I thought you said." Candace giggled a bit before going back into position.  

Aaron pitched, Candace intently looking into his intense blue eyes.  

Which lead to her batting late.  

"Strike one!" He said with a chuckle on the side, "told you, Barnes."  

"Not just yet, Tveit." She replied, reprimanding herself. 'Dammit, don't look into his eyes' 

He pitched again, and this time, Candace had batted it properly.