Chapter 1: Destined for Greatness

Riley is 13 years old, but that doesn't stop her from being the most coveted player by several scouts who see in the young girl the potential to possibly be the best player of all time.

After being invited to join a hockey team for girls her age called the Bay Area Firehawks, Riley decides to try to impress the scout who discovered her but ends up forcing herself too much. One day, with all the pressure that Riley thought she had, the young kid had an anxiety attack.

Riley knew that Grace and Bree would go to another school where she would only have her team and Valentina as friends and teammates, but, That didn't stop Riley from turning 14 before some news would change her life.

Despite being young, she was already securing her place as the team's best player, inspired by Michael Jordan who was her idol during her childhood. Riley takes Jordan's motivations at the beginning of his career to be like Mike, a superstar.

Coming from Minnesota, Riley had little contact with hockey professionally, only discovering it in San Francisco with Val and her teammates. One day, in an interview after a state victory, Riley's coach spoke about her:

"We have Valentina, she is already one of the best players I've ever seen play hockey, but Riley manages to be the only one with a style of play that leaves opponents on the floor. She is smooth and light as a cloud, if she played TODAY against the professionals, she would be by far the best player in the league"

One afternoon, after leaving training and going home to his parents.

(on the car)

Riley: Mom, Dad, I received wonderful news!

Mother: What's the news, daughter?

Riley: I just received an invitation from a PHL scout to come to my house, she is interested in making me a professional player!

Father: But daughter, don't you think you're too young for that?

Riley: I can do it, dad! I know I'm still in high school, but I can handle being a player and a student!

Riley's mom and dad talked to each other while Riley listened to music with her headphones.

Father: Should we listen to this scout's proposal?

Mother: That's fine with me, I know she has the potential to be the best player of her generation, but I think it's too early.

Dad: I'll see about arranging for the scout to go home, we should definitely see what our little one's life will be like in terms of hockey and studies.

(In Riley's head)

Joy: There's nothing better than starting a new journey, right?

All The Emotions (with the exception of Embarrassment and Nostalgia): Absolutely!

Anxiety: But what if the proposal doesn't work out? How are we going to deal with this?

Joy: Relax, Riley is still very young and for sure if she doesn't succeed now, she still has many years to achieve it.

Envy: We can make her the best player in history, like Michael Jordan!

Joy: Calm down Envy, we need to think about our little girl first and what's best for her.

Disgust: I suggest we first listen to what the scout has to say to us and our parents to make a decision.

Boredom: You guys make so much drama...

Anger: Listen here, you're lying there and you almost DIDN'T get up, so stay still on your side.

After arriving home, Riley's parents went to get ready for a meeting that they both had to attend and Riley would be alone at home, for the young woman it was the chance to learn some of the fundamentals of professional hockey.