Chapter 14: Returning The Origins.

The Olympics were over, and now Riley would meet up with her team in Minnesota for their matchup against the PWHL Minnesota. Her parents wouldn't be there to be there, so Riley's grandmother would pick up her granddaughter and see her after months of no contact.

But before Riley returned to Minnesota, there was still the closing ceremony where young Riley would have the opportunity to stand next to Simone Biles and Los Angeles Mayor Karen Bass to receive the Olympic flag. Riley became the first athlete under the age of 15 to achieve national hero status after winning the gold medal.

It's been a few hours since Riley was headed to the Paris airport to fly to Minnesota to meet his grandmother and join his team for Riley's first PWHL game post-Olympic. Riley's legacy would come to fruition upon her return to Minnesota; it was the queen's return to the throne.

But, before the trip, Riley and her roommate Sunisa Lee reflected as they enjoyed their last moments in the Olympic village.

Riley: Why did time pass so much?

Sunisa: Do you think so?

Riley: I don't know, it seemed like yesterday that I was sailing on the Seine River with you guys (Team USA athletes), and now we are enjoying the last moments here...

Sunisa: At least in 2 years there are the Winter Olympics in Milan, the chances of you being there are very high, Riley. Only 2 years outside the European continent and then you come back, have you thought about that? You are already Olympic royalty.

Riley smiled on her face, knowing that the athletes of her nation saw her as a unique figure who could not be replaced or forgotten in the Olympic eternities. She was very young, but she was already part of history of a nation.

A few hours later, 12 pm in Paris, Riley was already at the airport to go to Minnesota and visit her hometown after almost 1 and a half years far away. It was the most anticipated return of Riley's life, being able to return to the city and, who knows, visit her old home.

Mom (by phone): Are you going back to Minnesota? What wonderful news!

Riley (on the phone): My team plays there, Mom! I'm really looking forward to seeing my city again after so long, visiting Grandma and much more. Unfortunately it will only be one day and a few hours to enjoy.

Mom (by phone): Look on the bright side, Riley. You're going to see your grandmother after all this time.

Riley (by phone): It's true, mom, you can't deny that. Anyway, I'm going to get on the plane, bye mom!

Riley then got on the plane ready to go to Minnesota, she sat in her seat in first class, next to her, sat a mother with her 4-year-old daughter, Both were French and would visit the United States for the first time and would go with Riley to Minnesota.

The plane was nearly full, and before the plane took off, the pilot noticed that Riley was on board and decided to show the crew that an Olympic medalist was joining the civilians on the flight.

Pilot: Ladies and Gentlemen, on this historic flight I have the honor to say that we have one of the best hockey players in the world and an Olympic medalist in our city Paris. She's only 14, but she's already historic, Riley Andersen.

The flight was filled with applause and chants for Riley, throughout the Olympics she gained the affection of the French and wherever Riley went, fans appeared to get an autograph. The French media focused on Field Hockey, whenever the United States played, made a point of highlighting Riley on the front pages of the newspaper.

And then, the plane Riley was on took off from Paris towards Minnesota, the trip would take a few hours to actually reach the city that Riley was in when the plane took off, She was playing with the 4-year-old girl who was next to her.

Mia: What's your name? (Mia said excitedly to meet her new flight companion)

Riley: My name is Riley, Riley Andersen. (Riley said as she took out her phone)

Mia: My name is Mia, do you like Backyardigans?

Riley: It was my favorite TV cartoon! I remember having so many memories watching...

Mia and Riley chatted for much of the trip, when little Mia fell asleep in her mother's arms and Riley showed signs that she wouldn't sleep during the flight. She wanted to experience the entire experience back in Minnesota awake and that if she slept, she would miss out on the experience.

Taking advantage of the opportunity, Riley put on her headphones and spent the entire trip listening to her music playlist that she had made for long trips. The playlist featured songs that Riley had liked since childhood and that she had discovered recently.

Amazing - Kanye West

Am I Wrong - Nico & Winz

Mice on Venus - C418

Hayya Hayya (Better Together) - Trinidad Cardona, Davido, Aisha, FIFA Soube

Symphony - Clean Bandit, Zara Larsson

We Are One - Pitbull, Claudia Leitte, Jennifer Lopez

Waka Waka - Shakira

When Riley chose the song, Symphony started playing in her headphones and to the rhythm of the music, Riley sang along to the song.

Riley: I've been hearing symphonies ~

Before, all I heard was silence ~

A rhapsody for you and me ~

And every melody is timeless ~

Life was stringing me along ~

Then you came and you cut me loose ~

Was solo, singing on my own ~

Now I can't find the key without you ~

Riley: And now your song is on repeat ~

And I'm dancin' on to your heartbeat ~

And when you're gone, I feel incomplete ~

So, if you want the truth ~

I just wanna be part of your symphony ~

Will you hold me tight and not let go? ~

Symphony ~

Like a love song on the radio ~

Will you hold me tight and not let go? ~

Hours passed, but for Riley, it had been minutes of traveling from Paris to Minnesota and a unique experience. Arriving at the airport in the city that revealed her to the world, the young girl felt at home again, the city where Riley lived and enjoyed his childhood was now once again where Riley would shine in Hockey.

Finally, she (Riley) arrived in Minnesota at the arrivals area and arrived with her suitcase in hand and waiting for her grandmother at a breakfast shop that was in the airport. It was Riley's first breakfast since Paris, and just as she was finishing her burger, a voice from far away called out.

???: Riley!

It was Riley's grandmother, Ella Andersen, calling for her granddaughter to take her home.

Riley: Grandma!! (Riley said as she ran and hugged her grandmother)

Ella: You've grown so much since I last saw my granddaughter...

Riley: I missed you so much grandma, I wanted to see you so much!

Ella: Is it? Then let's go home, there you can eat whatever you want, I made a special dessert for you.

Riley: SERIOUSLY?! THAT'S AWESOME!!

Ella and Riley walked hand in hand like grandmother and granddaughter to the taxi that would take them both to Riley's grandmother's house, on the way, Ella on her mind accomplished something that not even the media could say properly.

Ella (on her mind): My granddaughter, at 18 years old you will already be on the biggest stage in the world and consecrated as the greatest of all time.