41

After Song Kang was taken away, the crowd also dispersed. Because the case was not complicated, the police told them that they could make a statement the next day. Lisa and Jungkook had things to do at night, so they both decided to take time and record their statement the next day.
After the dust settled on this matter, Lisa finally calmed down. Although Jungkook’s words were full of dislike for her, he had saved her life after all, so Lisa decided to thank him.

It’s just that she hadn’t spoken yet. Ji Lin called out to her first, “Are you scared?”

Lisa was greatly touched and thought that Jungkook was a good person overall. She just nodded to indicate that she was fine, but Ji Lin smiled when he saw her, and then said–
“Since you have a good psychological endurance, then I’ll just say it.” Jungkook smiled, and then stretched out his arm, “Although I was not injured, in order to help you block your client’s knife just now, my suit was cut by him. This suit is from Genia. Because it is a courageous act that led to the loss of property and the aggressor Song Kang is certainly unable to bear it. So I  can ask you for compensation for this loss.”

“……”

Lisa knew the price of Genia’s suits… It was not cheap, so much so that Lisa  was overwhelmed with shock and directly choked up.

She choked for a long time before looking at Jungkook, “What did you say in the previous paragraph?”

Jungkook frowned, “Didn’t you hear it? Since you have good psychological endurance…”

“No, before that paragraph.”
Jungkook gave Lisa a somewhat puzzled look, but still faithfully repeated what he had said in the previous paragraph, “Are you scared?”

Lisa  nodded desperately, “Yes. I’m very fragile right now, so don’t even say those next two paragraphs to me. I’ll just pretend that I didn’t hear them either. I’m scared, very scared. I’m not feeling well, so I’ll take my leave first.”

As a result, Lisa  had just taken two steps when the corner of her coat was pulled behind by Jungkook –
He gave Lisa  a look, “There’s also good news, listen to it before you leave.”

Good news? Did he think that we were neighbours, so he could forget about it?

Lisa  looked at Jungkook expectantly, then heard the other party open his pursed lips and say without emotion….
“This suit of mine is not as expensive as the one which was scrapped by the dog that day at the cafe. It is not high quality. It’s just a normal suit from Genia, which only costs 21,000 yuan” he smiled at Lisa, ” Fortunately, I only wore the normal suit today, you’re lucky.”

???? For only 21,000??? Are you sure you call that good news? And good luck???

Besides, wasn’t Jungkook very stingy? Does this fit his personality? An iron rooster who won’t even spare a second for his lawyer’s fee, a man who won’t even spend a euro on a wishing fountain in Rome to get himself a good fortune, but he will spend “only” 20,000 on a suit for himself?

“Jungkook, don’t you think your suit is a bit outrageously expensive?”
Jungkook gave Lisa a matter of fact look, “Is it expensive? A suit of 10,000 to 20,000 is really cheap for me. My high-end suits are all over hundred thousand. Besides, why are you surprised? Your bags and shoes are much more expensive, and you also spend so much money on them generously. It’s just a 20,000 suit. What’s so shocking about it?”

“……”

Lisa said politely, “No, don’t you think a 20,000 suit is a bit of a waste according to your spending habits? And don’t you think it’s ironic enough that you would accuse me of spending money on my bags and shoes?”
Jungkook pursed his lips, “No, I’m not like you. I’m like this, on the contrary, saving money.”