Episode 1-July 8th, 2015

Our first Teen Writers Publish! podcast is up and live, and I bet you're wondering who are these people who claim to know what they're talking about? In this episode we tell you all about who we are, what we've written, and probably more than you'll ever want to know about us. Who's the other part of us? That would be my co-host (RonEstrada) who seems to think he's running the show, but we all know behind ever man is... 

You're a writer. You can fill in the blanks. 

But seriously, he is taking the lead on this venture, and I'm no fool. I'm letting him pave the way and make the mistakes in this podcasting thing. It's going to be a fun ride for us as well as everyone who listens. And I'm excited for you to hear our different perspectives on the same subjects, and maybe one of us will explain something to you in a way that finally clicks.

We have four main goals with Teen Writers Publish! Podcast. 

1. To teach you how to craft and edit your novel

2. Show you the many different paths to publishing

3. Help you sort through all the marketing madness

4. Help build your writing business so you can make money at this

I personally have a fourth goal, and I know Ron feels the same way. I want to be an encouragement to you as you write and grow in knowledge. Almost ten years ago, I started a blog called http://writerinterrupted.com because I was a mom with a writing dream I never forgot. In fact, in my diary when I was 8 I wrote that I wanted to be writer when I grew up. I never lost sight of that dream, but you can say that my dream to be a novelist got interrupted while I was going to college, then later raising four kids. The only regret about those ten years is that I didn't find a community of like-minded writer friends to encourage me that I could be a writer and pursue my dreams and raise a family and be a good mom. 

So, you're probably not a mom. But you probably have one and a life outside of writing. And you absolutely should. We don't want you to hideaway in your bedroom and be a reclusive NY Times Best selling author by sixteen. Noooo! Go hang out with friends. Play your music and video games. Join the team and theatre, be a contributing member to society, but make time for your writing. Will it be easy to do this all? Nope, but we're doing it right along with you, and we're here to make it easier. 

Bottom line,  I want you to know you don't have to put your writing career on the back burner while you go to school. You can learn and write and get better. Everything you do today is preparing for that writing career you want. So why not start your writing career today?