Chapter 20

I Alone Am The Honoured One

What is this...

Just who's this guy...

Endo Yamato.

A student of Furin High. A famous school for delinquents in this town. Students there only fight for the top, for strength, for power.

"I see potential in you. You can't bring out your full strength while with your dearest friends, can you? I know what you wanted, what you craved for. And I'll give it to you, slowly..."

He's not just a normal creep for sure.

"Come with me. Or... You won't wanna know what'll happen to your friends~ Oh, don't you wanna protect them so much? Isn't that the reason for your desire of strength?"

Yes, I wanna protect them....

"Don't you think, that Togame would be so so disappointed at you?"

That's not true...

"He expected you to bring Tomiyama back. What would he think of you after seeing you losing to Tomiyama?"

He wouldn't think of me in any way...

"Oh, he's so disappointed. I suppose. He hates you by now... And the other dear of yours, Nirei... Was it? You can't even be by his side when he's in trouble. Did you expect him to handle it all himself with that weak figure of his?"

Endo continued blabbering all his words beside Ryo's ears. She couldn't move. After listening to all his stuff, she's starting to even wonder. What if... What he's saying was true...?

"I know what you're thinking right now... You've got people entrusting you, expecting you to be on their side whenever the time comes... If you failed to do so, everything they've ever done would be in vain. Until then, what... Would they say?"

What would they say....?

" 'You've got to be kidding.', 'We believed in you!', 'We put too much expectations on you.' "

Endo stopped, enclosing the distance between her and himself.

"Most importantly, if your parents knew you're still alive, kicking... What would they think of you?"

That hit the bell...

People's opinions and disagreements on her... This was what she feared all the time.

"Poor you, carrying all the burden with no one to actually talk to."

He just might be right.

"If you'd to come with me... I'll make sure, that you'll be able to protect what you treasured... Fear will no longer be standing in your way."

Was going with him the best idea...?
She don't know.

At all, she's trying to protect. She had failed so many people by now.

Togame,

Tomiyama,

Nirei,

And probably, her parents.

"You don't know shit about them..."

"Oh, I know they're so-very nice! But in the end, people like them would get dragged down to the dirt. All because of you."

.
.
.
.
.

Chika Takiishi, the strongest, and the top guy in Furin High. He only thinks of himself, and whenever anyone gets in his way, a smack was sent their way no matter who they are.

Even if it's someone that's been with him since a kid.

Endo Yamato... The sick one who always liked sticking with Takiishi all the time. For all the times he got smacked in the face, or almost died because he messed something up, he still followed him no matter where he goes.

He's like a dog begging the attention of its abusive owner.

"Destroy anyone that gets in your way."

Is what she was taught when with the two.

"Never hesitate even if it's your comrades."

She did exactly what she was taught.

______________________________________________

"Ushidaaaa~ This guy's outta his lights already." Endo sang her name. It's been 6 months since she decided to go with him, and she's now currently beating the hell out of a punk, even though he's passed out.

She didn't give him an answer. Nor did she even care about him trying to stop her using just his words.
Endo continued watching her hitting him, until that she might've gone a bit overboard.

He tried holding her hand, stopping her from the action of her deciding to pick up a bat beside her.
"Hey, Ushida. I think that's enough--"

The bat collided with his face. To measure how hard was he hit, the bat broke in half. Well, it's an old bat anyways.

Despite that... He seemed quite...
Satisfied with the outcome...

______________________________________________

Him, being manipulative towards her had been an everyday thing. Telling her the things that scars her the most. His voice kept on echoing around in her mind. It's like a sound of her ears ringing that never fades.

Through heavens and Earth, I alone am the honoured one.

What an arrogant saying to this.

The strong preys on the weaks. It's all to it. It's the only sentence to describe this all twisted society.

"Your friends are the things holding you back. Fighters like you are better suited being alone."

Not being able to bring out full strength when with friends. The only thought is to protect them at all costs.
Can't focus on opponents when someone's holding you back, dragging you down.

Ah....

"Now I kinda get why am I the weak one all this time..."

.
.
.
.
.

"Ryo? Are you still with us?" Nirei waved his hand in front of Ryo's face, snapping her out of her deep thoughts.

"E-Eh? Yeah, I'm good!"

"Aren't you the one who asked us out? What, tired already?" Sakura asked with a bottle of water in his hand.

"Ryo-san, are you okay? You seemed off." Suo asked in a worried way.

"No, I'm fine..."

Kiryu had his head tilted to the right, observing her expression.
"Ryo-chan has been dazing out after the movie. Was the movie that touching?"

"I totally get ya!! Like when the girl united with her boyfriend!!" Tsugeura exclaimed excitedly.

"But it's a comedy show, though..."
Sakura sweatdropped at his statement.

Ryo also, sweatdropped at Tsugeura. What part of the show that's touching at all?
"It's literally about a pack of ghosts trying to find the way to hell but ended up floating back to their corpses and turning them into zombies."

"That's not even what we watched?!!"

Sakura later complained.
"This water tastes bad. Definitely straight up from the sewers."

Everyone stared at him once he said that out loud. Isn't that just a bottle of mineral water...?

"Water has different tastes...?"

"Ah? Of course they do! And this one tastes so bad!"

"I never knew you had these kinds of special ability...."

"Ah? Isn't this something everyone can do?"

"Of course not!!"

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.