uno

ELORA'S POV

I took a deep breath as i walked through the coffee shop, receiving people's orders. it was around 4pm and i decided to catch a shift after school, which is the worst idea ever. dealing with rude and snobby customers after a long day of being with idiots is not the best combo. 

the door opened once again and i heard someone's familiar voice. "el, you won't believe what just happened to me!" my best friend, fiona, complained as she stumbles inside the shop. "que paso fi? coffee?"[what happened fi?] i offered. "you know my order, in a small though! thanks!" she mentions as i started making her drink. "i completely screwed my maths exam. can you believe it?" fiona groaned as i slid her the coffee. "en serio? the one that you used my flashcards to study for?" [seriously?] i questioned. "yes! and you know how much i hate using flashcards for math. still shocks me." she teased. "hey it's an effective way of studying." i shrugged. 

"vas a empezar a pagar por eso?" [you gonna pay for that?] my manager, carlos, walks by. "ay dios mio! when do i never pay for my drinks?"[oh my gosh] fiona shrugged him off and slid me a ten dollar bill. "keep the change. i gotta get going. te amo!" she snagged the drink and skipped out of the store. "hey, you're on break. need you until 9 though!" carlos informs me before going to the back of the shop again. "tienes que estar bromeando! well i might as well work on studying then."[you got to be kidding me] i mumbled under my breath before finishing wiping the tables. i went to an empty corner and picked up my biology book and started studying.

time flew by quick, and it was nearing the closing hour. but of course, people still decide to get coffee at like 8:30 at night! the door opened, and i saw a group of boys walk in. i counted about 6 of them. some of them looked a little young, and some looked on the adult side. "hola, ingles o español."[hello. english or spanish] i politely called out to them. "lo que sea bueno." [either one is fine] one of them answered as he sat on one of the stools near the bar table. he had curly hair, and a little bit was dyed. from the looks of it, he has braces and a cap on, which was backwards. so do i speak english or spanish? or both? why is he looking at me like that? 

"so, what would you like to buy?" i played with my hair a little. "i don't know actually, i'm kind of new here, just trying this place out before i go back to the hotel." he shrugged. "well, are you in the mood for a meal or a snack?" i tried helping him out. "a snack, what do you have?" he questioned. "a donut maybe?" i suggested. "what kind do you have?" he bit his lip. "chocolate, vanilla, pink icing." i started naming them. 

"which ones do you recommend?" he asked, tapping his fingers on the counter top. "well, me personally, i love the chocolate sprinkled ones! ellas son tan buenas! sometimes, i just take some without asking but i can't help it! and now im talking too much, sorry..." [those ones are so good!] i apologized because i did not mean to start yapping. the boy laughed instead. "you're fine. let me get those for me and the guys over there." he ordered and i started packaging one in each small box for them.

"cuantos anos tiene?" [how old are you?] the boy asked as he watched me box the donuts. "oh, i'm 16." i answered him. "what's your name?" he asked another question. "what's with the questions?" i decided to answer him with another question. "eres muy bonita. amo tus ojos." [you're so pretty. i love your eyes] he smoothly complimented and i could feel the heat rising in my cheeks. "thank you. my name is elora. what about you?" i questioned him as i started closing all the boxes. "my name's lamine, i'm 16, turning 17 though." he answered me and i smiled. "well lamine, that'll be 8 dollars." i slid him the bag that contained the sweets in it.