Chapter 16

Damon, Damon God Damn Salvatore. The oh so loving barstool who left me in the middle of no where with no way home.
Something stopped me from pouncing on him though. He looked sad. More than usual.
Casually looking around the grill, I caught sight of Elena. Who was kissing Stefan. Now that's what you call a plot twist.
Damon broke up with me to be with Elena who broke up with Stefan, I fall in love then Elena brakes up with Damon to go back to Stefan.
Damn why does life have to be one big drama?
It reminds me of Twilight, except our story is better! And less sparkly.
Feeling slight sympathy for the sulking, slightly alcoholic, vampire, I decided to try and help him out.
So, doing as I set out to do, I slid next to him with a small smile on my face.
"What do you want, Little Demon?" Damon asked while scowling at me.
"Hey, I'm not the one who cheated on you."
This didn't work in my favour. What? It's hard to be nice to someone while you are secretly ecstatic at the fact that he knows how you felt when he did the exact same thing that he did to you.
"If you want to jump around in happiness at the fact that my relationship is now dead, please do..."
He's so fricken boring!
"Oh my God, Stefan, is that you?" I asked while mocking the brooding vampire.
"Excuse me?" He asked with an eyebrow raised.
"Except, you know, you don't have the hero hair OR the girl," I told him with a fake smile.
But I soon realised what I did. Oops.
Damon pounced up, gave me a growl, then stalked away.
I'm really not good at making people feel better. At all. I usually make people feel worse actually. Now around thirty people will die because of me.
Again, oops.
"Hi, Katerina?" Joe asked from behind me.
I jumped slightly before turning around.
"Hey, Joe."
"So, Alaric and I were wondering if maybe... You could come to our wedding?" She asked hesitantly.
A wave of shock crashed on me.
I've never been invited to a wedding before. No one really likes me enough to invite me. Elena is a whole other story.
"Really?" I asked with my eyes wide from shock.
She nodded with a small smile. I do t know what came over me, possibly adrenaline, but I hugged her.
It was only a five second big but it was still a hug.
"I'm so happy for you and Ric. He deserves a happy ending," I told her.
"The wedding is in a month. We've been engaged for a while and I've only recently seen you, anyway, I'm happy you can make it."
With that, she walked away.
What to do for the next month? Mmm, I need something to put my mind off of K-him.
An idea sprung to mind. A brilliant one at that.
I sped home, grabbed everything that I needed which included, clothes, underwear, curling iron, clips, shoes, shampoo, conditioner and the necklace.
Kai gave it me before he left, it was engraved with the words "Some People Don't Need Fixing" It was beautiful.
I promised him I would always wear it and that's what I will do. I have to keep the memory of him ripe in my mind.
His green/blue eyes, his soft mahogany hair...
Taking a deep breath, I attempted to hold back the tears.
Picking up my black suitcase, I strutted out of my house, locking the door behind me.
I'm going to New Orleans!